Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My BRAT is stuck in a 5 foot drift

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its a lot of snow to pull it back thru. not sure I have a tough enough car to pull it thru it. A tractor would be sweet.

Any risk of the tow hook on the BRAT frame pulling loose? I suppose i could try to pull it with my wagon (keep it in low or d2) i sure don't want to burn another clutch out so that is why probably wouldnt use the white leg to pull it.

they wont be calling a tow truck or anything. in fact the plow driver left me a message since i called to notify him. said they probably wouldnt go on the backroads til Monday. Really though, if i had a tractor, i am sure it would be out.

appreciate that offer of help alot DudeAbides, and if it wasn't so far from you i would say yeah. there will be people in town around and about tomorrow, that will hopefully be willing to helpout. everyone is staying in today, as is what i should have done yesterday afternoon to prevent this.

next time i want to go do something like this i will make certain someone else is around, and have them join. It will be quite some time before I can replace the clutch, too cold and no heat in garage.

First tho, I need to get my Brat back home.

its out of the drift, tow rope pulled it ahead via the big white truck, after he got unstuck.

went like this. Red truck comes to get the white truck out, from ahead of my Brat / behind the white truck. Red truck gets stuck down the road before even gets to where the Brat/white truck is. red truck really screwed.

so we dig dig dig the white truck out. then he goes back to get the Red truck out. yank on it pretty good with the tow ropes i had. Red truck out, white truck out, then we pull mine to a clearing on the road where the wind has not drifted. Thats where Brat sits, on the clearing in between some really bad drifts.

just called the plow driver to tell him i am not sitting in a drift and he can plow the road in the AM around me. then I can pull the Brat home for it to sit til spring for a clutch kit, or first warm day, my garage not heated so i need warmth to do a clutch..

met 2 great guys who i helped and then they helped me. gave them 20 bucks. guess they would have towed in order to get thru the road, so i really did need to get it out of drift.

Edited by bheinen74

i will give that a try, what wrench size needed to loosen?

turn the adjustment bolt out counterclockwise?

121,000 original clutch. the smell of it burning, ick.

good job!

Pop the hood and try loosening the clutch cable a little, it might give you a little more use out of the clutch. Maybe enough to assist while being pulled home.

which end of your road? asI recall, if right of your house, it's slightly up hill, so if you were pointing toward your house, you mightbe able to put the Brat in 2nd gear, and use short bursts of the starter motor to roll it a bit.... saw a guy do that to get him self out of a water pit at WCSS3 after the engine died...

which end of your road? asI recall, if right of your house, it's slightly up hill, so if you were pointing toward your house, you mightbe able to put the Brat in 2nd gear, and use short bursts of the starter motor to roll it a bit.... saw a guy do that to get him self out of a water pit at WCSS3 after the engine died...

its down north of me by the cemetary. The road grader made it around and thru, so now i just need to go home for lunch and have a neighor tow it back to my drive (which is another snowy drifted mess) but once it gets to the drive, its sloped enough i can pull it with the sedan to its rest spot.