Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Someone just nailed my car!

Yo'J

I heard the woosh of snow.... the thud:eek:....I turn and look and my car is shaking from the impact and this white blazer -suburban -tahoe thing is flying through the snow laden gully between the road and the parking strip.

I shoe up and jump out the door cell in hand to find... quiet.....( besides my swearing) three mirrors and a ton of plastic glittering under the streetlamp. The car behind me 40+feet took some paint and traded mirrors but mine took the brunt on both drivers side doors. I cant use the back at all and I need two hands for the front now. I have all my plastic thank god and they didn't break a window. Must have been doing 40 drunk......:mad: they should be so glad they didn't stop:Flame:zzz Now before I :horse::banghead:

So what does anyone get from insurance these days for an old 82 gl? I had no major dents or anything!:banghead:

Winter sucks for Sube owners. This is like the 15th Sube to get damaged because of stupid driving this winter. Sad, really sad. Poor little GL wagon.

-Bill

The sad part is I wasn't driving it, it was a hit and run. They are ignorance marks from some turd bucket, not homemade lightening marks or speed dents, barely any mileage marks and over 222k miles. Well... new doors and then the ej . Well I guess I don't need to worry about how the paint comes out now:-\

Edited by Yo'J

Dam,, that sucks. Been on the receiving end of a few hit-n-runs myself, thankfully not with one of the BRATs yet. Wish you luck on finding the hitter and getting some compensation for the damages. Didn't do me any good to find the hitter, but maybe you'll have better luck.

police took a report LOL there. White truck' date=' seattle. million folk is the GSA, literally. To catch the punk is worthless. Now insurance....I will find how worthless.:lol:[/quote']

Around here, if you do find the hitter, the owner has to admit to the cops they were driving the vehicle at the time of the accident. If they deny it, you are S.O.L. as far as compensation of any kind. Cops can't, or won't, press the issue any further. Sucks big time...

Luckly, no one was injured in any of the accidents, especially the last one. Had my 8 month pregnant (now ex) wife Linda, our 2 year old daughter and one of Linda's friends in the car. Guy ran redlight and I T-boned him, totalled my car.

Took me a couple months of hunting, but I found the car. Called the cops an they told me the above crap. Boy, was I POed.... I know I would've went syco on the owner if someone in my car had been hurt, or killed.

I did leave nasty notes on his car for a long time afterwards..... I knew where, he lived, his job was, what bars he hung out at. One of those was just down the street from the redlight he ran. Imagine that....

I'll have a beer or 2 and drive home, 3 at the most. 4, I call for a ride. Always have, always will. And believe me, I can suck down some beers.