Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Carlise May 15-17th the East Coast Meet

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:banana: BACKWOODSBOY = EXCITED!!!! :banana:

I finally had a good day to work on my brat yesterday!

Dropped the fuel tank....it was swiss cheese. :mad: found more rust. (duh)

Welded, fabricated... and painted.

New gas tank, lines, and a LOT of new steel :headbang:

Now I just need my motor. :lol:

I think it will be a good show again. My WRX is going to have the 20G turbo on by then. The WRX actually cleans up really nice for shows. I want to repaint the front of the 360, I had a little trailer loading mishap last year and cracked some paint under the front bumper, I think I want to paint flames on the front fenders now. :) I also want to redo the seats in red vinyl, I used cloth the last time and it's faded, but that won't be done by then.

Another tough year , eh? :confused:

Never made it to the dealer. No flyers ....

Club Registration must be getting near closing.

Trying for my '79 brat to be on the road and making the trip with my son , so far. Subject to change.

Well John came over tonight and pulled my brat out of it's winter sleeping spot. It took awhile to get it started. A few backfires later and one call from the neighbor to see what we shot and it was alive. John checked all the fluids and added some antifreeze then off for a test ride while I was cooking dinner.

Well John finally came back and gave me a sad report. My brat caught the dreaded head gasket disease. It looks like he won't be going to Carlisle after all. Good thing we have a spare motor in the brown bomber (legacy wagon) which is coming off the road at the end of the month.

No worries tho. Get John's brat going then mine will get spoiled. :grin:

That is if I can get him off the 4 wheel drive trails. :rolleyes:

well I guess it is looking like this show is going to be a bust. once again it seems like we are going to have less then our 25 vehicle minimum and I'm really starting to wonder if this show is even worth it as a "club"? One thing I do know is that I have the $165 up for the club spot that we aren't going to get filled...again. I will be expecting those that do attend to help cover this cost. I am not trying to be a jerk about this but unless some miracle happens I don't see us getting the 25 cars nor do I see me getting back my money. I think we as a "club" need to have a talk on Sat. night (at Carlisle) about what we are going to do about this.

I'm sorry guys...I'm frustrated. :mad::banghead:

+1 on what Darlingchip said

Matt : How many cars do we lack?

I think that it is always a good showing... heck, last year ended up being GREAT!

I for one take a lot of pride being in the "CLUB" and think we do very well considering we are on the east coast. :rolleyes:

I have spent WAY too much $$ and time getting ready for this show.

Remember... there are always many more that attend besides those who post on USMB.

We can always register a couple more. :headbang:

EDIT: Perhaps this year we can hand out some "literature" to the folks who attend but are not USMB members. (I can think of at least 5 from last year)

Even if they dont think theyll be able to "hang out" on USMB like we do... they will be in-the-loop for next year and can register for the club site.

Edited by backwoodsboy

So far:

DarlingChip - 3

Bucky - 3

subeman90 - 5

moosens - 3

subaru360 - 2

njdrsubaru - 1

nkx - 2

---------------------

total 19 (still under the 25 we need folks!)

cut and paste :lol:

I don't count the superoo guy since he is not on here. talk is cheap...I think i am going to call up there and see if I can figure out how many we have (on their records)

Like I said I'm not being a downer but the interest for this show is flopping bad. i like comming and I even have a super long weekend that weekend (off thurs- mon)

As far as people popping in: we have in the past roped people in just to park subarus there. I don't count them either.

I'm going to make a phone call....

I have spent WAY too much $$ and time getting ready for this show.

I'm not saying to bag it...I'm just saying that we need to figure some things out and maybe we should have a meeting on sat. night of Carlisle. Hell I'm as commited as you to comming right now in many different aspects.

ummm holy isht! thank you for your help! I think Melis is going to be comming with one so we can let this subject ride for a little and see if she picks up the last slot. If anyone after that wants to come I will send them your way so you can try to get some of your money back too. (i have 2 of my passes tenatively sold)

Once again..THANK YOU! :banana:

John: something something marry her something something :lol: