Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Carlise May 15-17th the East Coast Meet

I washed my car in the rain today. I waxed it for over 3 hours today in my garage. It has been pouring on and off the rest of the day. I realllllly hope it stops raining. :-\

we (me and my dad) will be there early in the morning on friday. see you all soon.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just finished the WRX a few hours ago. A one hour 20G turbo installation turned into a 2 day project. I got it all done and it leaked coolant out a plug on the side of the turbo. Got that done and took it out for a quick run to walmart. No boost at all. Turns out the wastegate arm was backward and holding the wastegate wide open. Got that fixed and went for a quick drive. It was a little wet and it spun the tires at 60mph when it hit boost. It's never done that before even on wet roads.

So the bad part is that both cars are filthy and I didn't get to try out my WRX/360 on the trailer combo yet. So tomorrow is a maybe for me. I guess I will see how the weather is. Sunday is a for sure.

Back from the show...great seeing everyone again and meeting the new ones....we have adopted a Honda guy ..but he is way cool and not rice...has a beautiful restored 82 Prelude ..restored original. There was some excitement late last night that really ruined the mood..But I wont get into this at the moment. Didnt take many pictures but I will post some later.

I'm finally home..i had a few stops to make after the show and I had to drop the svx for its exhaust work tomorrow.

A few tidbits:

-After we cool down a little we need to discuss about next year.

-nobody from here won the car. :(

-they featured a few cars from most makes...guess who got dissed again (Subaru). :mad:

We can talk more later but I got a bunch of stuff to do so post your pics and tell your stories. A big thanks to everyone who showed up and a warm pat on the back to to people who will not get mentioned yet. yet I say.

Great to see you all again and also to meet the new folks.

Stopped and saw Tom at All We'll Drive on our way out this AM.

You guys need to hear about the lizard. :grin: Check the Off Topic Forum soon for a good story.....really funny and involves a Subaru.

Hey so what happened? Who pissed off who??? Glad I made a clean getaway. :)

I'm wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy tired and I'm supposed to go to work in a couple of hours after our 900+ mile trip. :-\ So I'll add more tomorrow.

Hey everyone, it was nice to meet some of you at the show. Sorry I had to leave so soon, hopefully next time we can hang out longer. We had to make a few stops on the way home and got to relax at home at about 11:30pm:slobber:, long drive. At least now I know a few faces to go along with the names. The pictures I took turned out good, unfortunately the pic I took of the USMB members didn't come out that good. There was a flap of material from the tent that blew in front of some of the members when I snapped the pic.:( If I can figure out how to scan my pics in and post them, (haven't done it before), I will. Again, nice to meet you guys and gals.:grin:

Nice pics all!

Was GREAT seeing everybody again, and meeting some new friends.

Cant wait till next year at Connie's.

Jess says everything happens for a reason.

Obviously, there are a few officials who dont handle jealousy well. :rolleyes::grin:

Hey Everyone. What a great time we had! I am glad we got to meet new people (welcome to the board!) and good food!

Just remember everything happens for a reason (there are no hard feelings), lessons are learn the hard way and we learn from our mistakes. With that said......Lets go to Connie's place:grin:

Couple of things I'd like to add after talking to Connie last night.

Yes , I think it'd be great to have less structured meeting events elsewhere. Connie offers at least once a year. We could come up with a somewhat central location too and do things like we do at Carlisle. Bear Mtn. NY has a nice park .... plenty of places to consider. North Jersey or lower NY would probably be most central for a Northeast meet for folks from Maine (or Cananda) down to VA.

But also , some of us will certainly go back to Carlisle so lets please leave the door open for that. And I know I'm considering writing to the Carlisle folks to see why a couple of our gang were considered "trouble" and hopefully keep us in good standing there. Or we just go back to showing up without a dedicated space and tent.

Cheers,

The Anti-Volvo