Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Was at the park yesterday in my '93 FWD 5spd Impreza and decided to explore the lake bottom a little bit. Tried to stay up near the woods where there was still gravel... but it was no use. Slid to the left some and after turning the wheel right and realizing I wasn't getting anywhere, I put it in reverse and tried to gain enough speed to pull a 180. Well, I only pulled a 90 lol... and so I tried to go forward and turn the rest of the way around but slid straight toward the lake. So I gave up.

Called my dad and him and his friend with a 4x4 Toyota Tundra pulled me out with a 20ft tow strap and 50ft of rope.

The sad thing is it didn't even look stuck. It was just sitting there on top of the mud... tires looked completely free. I don't have pics of that, but I have some "muddy" pics.

DSC_0017-1.jpg

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q200/SMASHmySOOByDONTya/Subarus/DSC_0015-1.jpg

I know it's not much, but I guess that's all a FWD Impreza can do lol.

P.S. The black dog is Macy, she's a border collie/cocker spaniel mix. She always gives my car a good smell-over when I get home.

Edited by Subaru_dude

Here's mud in yer eye eh? Yeah, that slick mud is almost as bad as ice if it's deep enough huh?

Time for a trip to the JY for an upgrade:banana:

I hear ya, my little girls (1 year old 100% purebred mutt) and 10 year old (another "pound special") always give me the evil eye whenever I go play with my buddy and his husky. They're like, "you rump roast, don't even lie to us, I KNOW you were out with another dog, I can smell his fur ya know!!":lol:

Will-

I hear the AWD. Took my 98 Outback out to a spot I used to go to in LA on my vacation there and had a "fun" time. Nice little dirt road that was nice and snotty from the rains and decides to drive it anyways thinking all would be good, done it a 100 times before (famous last words) with no problems. Well going in was fine but when it was time to go down my rear came up next to me and tried going into the ditch that was about a foot and a half deep. Stopped the car and turned out of it but the road being cantered to the ditch went right back in as I tried going forwards again. Tried 5 or 6 times to NOT get my tail in the ditch with no luck so ended up going down the single lane dirt road sideways. Got to a spot where I could straighten out and check my rear from the nice bounce into the ditch but when I took my foot off the brake pedal the car started sliding down the hill (it was in neutral but the e-brake was set, just the ground was so snotty it just slid with the rear tires locked) at a ruffly 5% grade. If it wasn't for my AWD I would have had to call the tow company to come rescue me.