Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I did some trading with a guy on CL for some studded truck tires.

The guy also had these Subaru "Legend" wheels that he wanted to get rid of. So, I ended up with them too. Apparently all these wheels were in his basement when he bought his house.

I don't know,maybe there is a subaru legend. I've never seen one.He refered to them as Legacy wheels a couple times so I'm thinking he was as clueless as I am about them.

He also had two other Subaru wheels that I think are SVX wheels.I'm hoping to figure out what I have here. Here's some pic's and the numbers on the wheels.

Here's what I think are SVX wheels.

clwheel1.jpg

These are Team Dynamics brand wheels. The numbers are 7.5Jx17 and then there is a e45 stamping as well. I'm thinking the e45 is offset? Logic says the aftermarket wheels are maybe for a SVX also since they all came from the same guy. What do you guys think?

clwheel2.jpg

clwheel3.jpg

clwheel4.jpg

Edited by markjw

The e45 is the offset. Pretty sure the SVX came stock with 16" wheels. First 2 wheels could be from a Pontiac. Wheels that fit the SVX will not fit a Legacy because the bolt pattern is larger. Something like 114.3 for the SVX and 100 for the Legacy.

I'll agree to everything he said, except that the first two are definitely SVX wheels. (John, they say Subaru on the center caps. ;))

Wheels that fit the SVX will not fit a Legacy because the bolt pattern is larger. QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip...The bolt pattern on the first two wheels is

definitely larger.

They are so close I didn't notice it.

What about the e45 offset? Is that a offset that will work on a Legacy?

And if so,any particular Legacy?

accusations without knowing everything is even worse biz!judge not lest you know the whole ************in situation.........

i do not believe for one second that he would have bought them if he thought that they were"hot"........."paranoia will destroya" rooster........cheers, brian

Just happened to "find them in the basement of a house he bought." O sure, really! I think this falls under the catagory of "hot wheels," meaning they are stolen. It is bad biz buying stolen property!

Come on,can't someone tell me something about these wheels besides that they are stolen?

I'm mostly wondering if they will fit and work well with a early 90's Legacy sedan. Thats a car I'm always on the lookout for. A total cream puff one. 5 speed of course.Preferably Not Stolen.

The tires are 225/45 17. They seem awful wide.

Edited by markjw

I would just try bolting them up to one. I know you might not have one but maybe you know someone with one. If the offset is enough than they will bolt up even though they are so wide. I had some 17's on an Impreza that had insanely wide tires but they fit cause they stuck out enough.