Ultimate Subaru Message Board

check it!

this new multiquote thing is great!

Andy,Sweet Roo dude. How did you lift it? How did you do the 5 lug conversion? What else did you do to it? Looks great though. John

It's a 4" BYB lift by PK Davis. 4" engine & rear suspension, 3" trans. The 5-lug is XT6 control arms and rear hubs/brakes, and Legacy front end stuff except for XT6 front brakes :brow: I did lots of other stuff to it - I'm not "done" and was going to make a diagram/poster as a photoshop project before Brian found that in my photobucket account!

How did you do the strut rods? I do love that body style. I keep thinking of selling my truck for a third roo' date=' and that would be the one. (or a restorable brat) Whats the motor?[/quote']

The strut rods are 2 pairs of XT6 strut rods with the fronts cut off of 2, the rears cut off of 2; they're then welded "stacked" with 1" square tubing in the middle. This equalizes the 4" engine / 3" transmission lift kit.

man that looks nice. Too bad its not Factory built even though it's got all the factory goodies through the years (minus the lift unfortunately, bet we ALL wish that was a factory option:grin:).

Thanks, I like to make my car projects look factory-esque. You can't see them under the snow but I have (I think) 11 roof rack rails on top of the car. I'll take a daylight picture soon.