Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Removing Glove Box for passenger side air bag replacement

2002 OBW - how do you remove the glove box door? There's like two contact points on each side.

I see two points of attachment on each side and i pulled the bottom little plastic snap in pieces out. Not sure what to do now.

The FSM is really lame - "Remove glove box"....oh thank you!

Edited by grossgary

Well I've done this a long time ago...IIRC there are about 9 screws that need to be removed as well as the side trim piece on the center tunnel. There may be one or two screws I forgot about after you remove some of the plastic trim. Then the entire door assembly along with the surrounding trim comes out with it.

as a side note, the passengers side air bag is replaceable without removing the glove box.

requires head down where your feet would be looking up. and then reaching your arms around through the glove box to place the two furthest bolts for the air bag. i used a 10mm with a short 2 inch extension, placed and tigthened by hand, then finished off with a socket wrench.

i edited the title in case anyone in the future can use this info.

Edited by grossgary