Ultimate Subaru Message Board

• 3 weeks later...
Fantastic looking but are they street legal here in the US ? :-\
those kinds of regulations are often ignored. bumpers too high, lights to bright, tires too large, too much tint...there's regulations for that stuff but they are rarely enforced.

you'd have to be hated by the law for them to think twice about pulling over *car* for something like that.

granted, it may not be a legal issue but it would be a liability.

those kinds of regulations are often ignored. bumpers too high, lights to bright, tires too large, too much tint...there's regulations for that stuff but they are rarely enforced.

you'd have to be hated by the law for them to think twice about pulling over *car* for something like that.

granted, it may not be a legal issue but it would be a liability.

Here in Pennsylvania we have a once a year inspection of cars. It's done by private mechanics who will not pass you if something violates the vehicle code. They do not want to lose their franchise to inspect vehicles. :eek:

Without an valid inspection sticker and a valid emission control sticker, you can not legally drive your car in PA.

You can also be stopped by police for not having valid stickers on your car.

~Howard

:banana:

i'm with you, i'm not trying to say everyone is up for it or that's it normal. i'm just saying plenty of folks are driving "illegal" vehicles, i see it all the time. heck they still don't do anything about people driving 4 wheelers on the road out here...with kids on their laps!?:-\:-\

right on i'm familiar with yearly inspections - removal or bypass non-passing items and reinstall afterwards.

"they don't want to loose their license..." giving out stickers does not equate to loosing their license. there's still folks that will give a sticker to folks they know without even seeing the car. (i even know of one in PA....without naming names it's in the general area of Uniontown, PA).

and i've gotten similar treatment elsewhere before as well, they just ask that i let them know if i'm keeping the car or flipping it. if i'm keeping it, they don't care.

bottom line, people do it all the time and it's not hard to *get away with*. not that i support or encourage such actions.