Ultimate Subaru Message Board

2000 Outback for my dad HELP plz

Vehicle is the top of the line Automatic Outback with leather seats, double moon roof etc. It was involved in a side-frontal collision.

The drivers side fender is totaled, hood is acceptable and the bumper is gone. Drivers side control arm is busted(bent) as well as a small retaining piece and the headlight.

Other than that the interior is in great shape, 121k miles on the odo with major maintenance done 1 month prior to crash.

All engine gaskets, spark plugs, timing belts etc. etc etc. were done 1 month before the

incident. It has 2003 WRX wheels and vented rotors on it and he wants $1,300 for it.

Engine received no damage in the collision. Bumper would be made with steel tubing. How much would fixing the control arm, headlight and fender be?

Should I

pick it up?

Edited by Caramanos2000

Vehicle is the top of the line Automatic Outback with leather seats, double moon roof etc. It was involved in a side-frontal collision.

The drivers side fender is totaled, hood is acceptable and the bumper is gone. Drivers side control arm is busted as well as a small retaining piece and the headlight.

Other than that the interior is in great shape, 121k miles on the odo with major maintenance done 1 month prior to crash.

All engine gaskets, spark plugs, timing belts etc. etc etc. were done 1 month before the

incident. It has 2003 WRX wheels and vented rotors on it and he wants $1,300 for it.

Engine received no damage in the collision. Bumper would be made with steel tubing. How much would fixing the control arm, headlight and fender be?

Should I

pick it up?

If you can find the parts, It wouldn't be very expensive at all! Are they parts that you could find near you? It's all pretty easy stuff to fix, and 1300 sounds like a decent price especially with all the recent work!

He has the receipt and all the work came in at $1,400 lol :banana: I doubt I could fine parts here, bumper would be custom.

I would need the fender, control arm and the headlight. Headlight and control arm I can pick up off ebay or someone here.

See, problem is we have no junkers that carry Subaru items :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Id have to do it all over the web with the help of all you mad scientists :grin:

He has the receipt and all the work came in at $1,400 lol :banana: I doubt I could fine parts here, bumper would be custom.

I would need the fender, control arm and the headlight. Headlight and control arm I can pick up off ebay or someone here.

See, problem is we have no junkers that carry Subaru items :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Id have to do it all over the web with the help of all you mad scientists :grin:

Still shouldn't be all that hard. If you can manage to get those parts than the work putting them on is easy! And it sounds like a cheap runner to me!

That is a good price for a car that appears to not have sustained much collision damage. Since you don't have wrecking yards with Subarus near you, suggest telephoning wrecking yards in a major city that is closest to you. You should be able to find parts there. Many yards will pull parts, package them in cardboard, and send them to you via UPS or Fed Ex truck, without you ever showing up at their yard. I feel confident that you can source a fender and bumper going this route. The really small pieces you may have to source through a dealer, or an on-line parts store, but ask a wrecking yard too, as they are in the biz to sell parts.

Good luck, if you are half way handy with a wrench, you can turn this project into a really sweet car.

yeah buy it.

shipping a fender internationally is going to be the hard part. it's all air shipping now, so prices are way higher than a year and a half ago. i shipped 4 hubs over seas - shipping alone was $350 just for hubs.

i would try to repair or find a fender locally and get all the rest online if you can. hubs and control arms are easy.