Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Here's a good Craigslist one for you guys

http://nh.craigslist.org/cto/1011025137.html

2002 Subaru WRX - $10500 (lebanon)

Reply to: sale-1011025137@craigslist.org [?]

Date: 2009-01-28, 10:54AM EST

2002 Subaru WRX 4 door sedan. This car is BEAUTIFUL. Only been driven in winter ONCE. It gets parked for winters. only has 78000 miles, New Tires and brakes all around. Oil Changed EVERY 3000 miles. No body work ever done, Never been in an accident. The color is inferno red. If your not familiar with the WRX its a subaru impreza body style. The motor is a Porche Boxter motor built to fit in a subaru. Its turbo Charged 5 speed manual trans. ALL Wheel drive. Funtional hood scoop and rear spoiler. I will send a pic if you interesed. Only reason Im selling it is because I have a 1yr old and its a little tight to fit a car seat in. This car WILL do 140 MPH. Mine has never gone that fast but Ive seen a stock wrx do it.

http://nh.craigslist.org/cto/1011401699.html

Re: 2002 Subaru WRX - $10500 (lebanon) - $10500 (Lebanon)

Reply to: sale-1011401699@craigslist.org [?]

Date: 2009-01-28, 2:40PM EST

To the seller of http://nh.craigslist.org/cto/1011025137.html

"If your not familiar with the WRX its a subaru impreza body style. The motor is a Porche Boxter motor built to fit in a subaru."

Just to let you know, unless you did some sort of motor swap, your WRX does not have a Porsche Boxter motor. I'll probably come off as a jackass but here's my two cents. The WRX has a "boxer" four cylinder, otherwise known as a flat four. The Porsche Boxter has a "boxer" motor as well, but it is a six cylinder. The motor in your WRX is either a 2.0 or a 2.5 flat four, while the Boxter can have a 2.5, 2.7 or 3.2 liter flat six, depending on the year. Other than the horizontal layout, your WRX motor has nothing to do with Porsche.

Not meaning to sound like a jerk, just letting you know. Good luck with your sale.

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Edited by Bubs360

Probably. It's suprising how many people don't know that subaru's have the boxer engine (even here in Boulder, where probably 20% of the cars are subarus). It's kind of fun to have people look in the engine compartment and freak out because they can't figure out what the hecks going on :lol:

Especially the older ones with the spare tire in there too :grin:

... It's kind of fun to have people look in the engine compartment and freak out because they can't figure out what the hecks going on :lol: Especially the older ones with the spare tire in there too :grin:

I love that :confused: reaction.