Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Rollbar prepped & Installed in my Brat

Picked up this rollbar from NewSoobDude last week. It didn't have alot of surface rust, but enough that it needed attention.

So I sanded most of the rust off, and sprayed a few coats of gloss black. Tomorrow I will install and wire a couple lights :)

Here are some pix of it when I got it:

IMG_0038.JPG

After some Paint:

IMG_0039.JPG

And a couple pix of it installed.

IMG_0042.JPG

IMG_0044.JPG

I think while I'm at work tomorrow I will weld it together. It breaks apart into 4 pieces & right now as you can see, the center section is spread out some.

Looks great, I remember when I got mine, I was so happy! Yours' is in much better shape than mine though. Mine went of the side of a bridge when it was installed on the previous owners Brat. It's still in great shape but the mounting plates are a little off. I agree, you definitely need some bedliner though. It would make your already really nice Brat even cleaner!

The drivers seat is from a Legacy, and the passenger seat is from a EA82 GL10 Wagon. When I bought the Brat, it had GL10 seats in it, and I had a set of modified Legacy seats left over from my Hatchback that I saved. I put the drivers seat in, it is definatly more comfortable than the GL10 seat. Soon I will put the passenger seat in. It really clashes with the black interior, but my butt doesn't mind :)