Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Improved 2nd gen Headgasket? (SOHC)

My brother is using a set of "improved" 2nd gen headgaskets from allwheeldriveauto in Seattle, I know, OEM...bla bla... just wondering if anyone has heard of these guys or their product...

oh yea... a link... http://allwheeldriveauto.com/a-better-subaru-25l-head-gasket-in-seattle/

Edited by outbackusjunkus
doh

I havent heard of them nor where they source thier head gaskets from.

I find thier logic flawed, especially on battery acid getting into the coolant.

http://allwheeldriveauto.com/subaru-head-gasket-problems-explained/ #3 i think.

I live here in NY where alot of cars never get the oil to warm up, have alot of short trips, is very humid in spring summer and fall, and havent seen a dramatic increase in HG failures on newer soobys.

Someone has to be a guinie pig, but Their logic just doesnt add up. They do make valid points about maintainng a car, but thats like going into a fortune teller and her saying "i see someone important or close to you is causing you angst"

nipper

• 2 weeks later...

If Subaru themselves had so much trouble coming up with reliable headgaskets for these designs, I can't really see how a typical aftermarket parts maker could possibly do any better. Maybe some performance types such as cometic but that is kind of a special application that might be torn down regularly for isnpection.