Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Show Brat

Does the AC blow cold ,whats the miles 16000 or 116000, Whats your price?
I'm working on the AC now to get it to blow cold. Miles are 116K; I'm second registered owner of this Brat. I haven't settled on a price as yet. I'm thinking of $6K.

Boy is that a shame.

Been a long time since I seen a perfect driver's seat in one of these. Ed, I'm sure you have kicked around the idea of eBay for this thing.

Quite frankly, I'm not really fond of the ebay experience.

Edrach, that is a nice, solid looking brat. Guess I should be glad you don't live in Eastern NC!! But I am not and wish you did! What would I do with two. Is this one of them things were youw onder if later you will regret it?
No, I don't think I'll regret it. It should go to someone who will enjoy it for what it is and not keep it hidden away in the garage.

Boy is that a shame.

Been a long time since I seen a perfect driver's seat in one of these. Ed, I'm sure you have kicked around the idea of eBay for this thing.

Even though the seats are OEM, they are not original. I had to replace the driver's seat (doh!). Thank you Richard.

FYI uses the same compressor as the early EA82s
Thanks, but I don't think the issue is the compressor. I thought I was low on R12 since the AC worked when I bought it three years ago, altho not as cold as I would have liked. I was planning on topping it up but now that I have the guages on it, I see there's nothing left.

I put the vacuum pump on it last night and it pulled to 30 inches of vacuum right away, but hasn't dropped low enough based on the vacuum guage I have on it. I'll be going through the fittings and looking for oil and snug them up.

Now it'll be a choice whether I install R12 or do the upgrade to R134a.

Thanks, but I don't think the issue is the compressor. I thought I was low on R12 since the AC worked when I bought it three years ago, altho not as cold as I would have liked. I was planning on topping it up but now that I have the guages on it, I see there's nothing left.

I put the vacuum pump on it last night and it pulled to 30 inches of vacuum right away, but hasn't dropped low enough based on the vacuum guage I have on it. I'll be going through the fittings and looking for oil and snug them up.

Now it'll be a choice whether I install R12 or do the upgrade to R134a.

Ed, PIA can recharge the R12 for you. They refilled the system on my XT6 when I installed a new compressor. Real cheap too.

Ed, PIA can recharge the R12 for you. They refilled the system on my XT6 when I installed a new compressor. Real cheap too.
Thanks Rob, but I need to eliminate the slow leak first. Edited by edrach

I believe it was around $60, but I paid cash so it could be less.

Ed, they might be able to find the leak too.

hmmmm why is one fender different from the other :confused:
I was wondering when someone would pick up on that. You have sharp eyes, kid (and too much spare time:)). Previous owner has a small blemish on the fender and tried to make it better; he made it worse. I couldn't find an original Brat fender and used one from an '84 wagon. I'm working on making both fenders match.