Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Scubert Xt Thread

Ok, I found my XT has the EA82 engine. Which is great because I'm positive I can swap in an older 4WD tranny from a Loyale.

Yes, it will bolt right in. You might need the Loyales Tranny crossmember (Depending if its a AT or MT, Both crossmembers are different)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

I Now Own Scubert Xt once more. Why ? because i realized Scubert is the Best Subaru i have Ever Owned. so i had to get him back when i found out he was up for sale

bought it back last night.

The Ebay Ad:http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330481168691&viewitem=

New Pictures:

HPIM7480.jpg

HPIM7479.jpg

HPIM7476.jpg

HPIM7482.jpg

HPIM7484.jpg

Added Chrome H6 to the back:

hpim7474.jpg

ok now scubert is giving me a problem.

yesterday i started I'm up to move him from one side of the driveway to the next. fired up and moved.

later i wanted to go to the store. and scubert just went dead on the turn of the key. i checked everything weird how this happened right after i just ran him.

Brand New Plus start Battery.

i now have the charger on him thinking the battery is dead. how can this be ? new battery ! Defective ?

long story short:

checked everything turn the key everything lights up but when you turn the key dead ! doesn't light right back up afterwards.

11:06am

tried changing the battery did the same thing.

i pushed and pushed finally scubert fires up.

but why didnt he fire up by key ?

just got in an accident with scubert.

I'm fine and so is the other guy. he admitted it was his fault and he was driving Time Warner Truck.

the idiot drove out from the stop sign. and i slammed on scuberts brakes.

here is pics of scubert's Damage:

HPIM7540.jpg

HPIM7541.jpg

HPIM7542.jpg

HPIM7543.jpg

i cannot believe my baby boy is hit. :cry:

Holy Cow! ... The Same Exactly Happened to one of my Wagons, (You can see the Thread Here) The Good Part is that You're Allright and No one got Hurt, but the Car Damage is the Bad Part: Only a Subaru Owner that Cares, like Us, does Understand the Feeling...

But I Suggest you to Take this as a Chance to Improve some Things...

Kind Regards.

That does suck dude, That paint was pretty damn nice after years of being primer. Well since he was driving a Company vehicle, he may loose his job and TWC will pay you for the damage (I say it looks like $1500 worth of damage ;) )

I do know the feeling though.

That hood looks tweeked, Is the cowl up by the window bent?

That does suck dude, That paint was pretty damn nice after years of being primer. Well since he was driving a Company vehicle, he may loose his job and TWC will pay you for the damage (I say it looks like $1500 worth of damage ;) )

I do know the feeling though.

That hood looks tweeked, Is the cowl up by the window bent?

i have to get an estimate on damage repairs and send it to my insurance company so they can fax it into the other guys insurance.

the hood isn't really that bad. luckily the hinge was already broken (they don't need to know that :-p), the hood popped up on impact so it survived with out a scratch.

no i think the cowl is fine.

needs replaced for sure:

Turn signal

Bumper

Headlight Cover (i have one actually)

Fog Light

might be savable:

Fenders

Headlight

Sorry to hear about your accident. But, like others have said, at least everyone walked away. And there are replacement parts available. I know where at least 2 XT6s are here in Indiana if you can't find anything locally.

Good Luck!

i have to get an estimate on damage repairs and send it to my insurance company so they can fax it into the other guys insurance.

the hood isn't really that bad. luckily the hinge was already broken (they don't need to know that :-p), the hood popped up on impact so it survived with out a scratch.

no i think the cowl is fine.

needs replaced for sure:

Turn signal

Bumper

Headlight Cover (i have one actually)

Fog Light

might be savable:

Fenders

Headlight

Front bumper cover is probably all I'll need. not sure yet tho

i cannot repair scubert till i get the check for the repairs.

my father works at Dynamics Auto body. he said it looks like the front is pushed over to the right causing the other fender to dent. if so straightening the front alone will run $1,500 :eek:

they better not say scubert is totaled. i wont let them take him.

I'm still driving him and took him to 2 shops for estimates.

when i get estimates I'll let you all know what happens.

-John

They may say its totaled depending how much they say it could cost to repair it, in that case - they would cut you a check for the full Blue Book Value (Lets say $2300) you will get $2300 and you still keep the car, they won't take the car or junk it as its yours. so you could take the money they give and fix the car for cheep on the down low.

Thats what I was gonna do with the Legacy if the guy would have had insurance.

Front bumper cover is probably all I'll need. not sure yet tho

i cannot repair scubert till i get the check for the repairs.

my father works at Dynamics Auto body. he said it looks like the front is pushed over to the right causing the other fender to dent. if so straightening the front alone will run $1,500 :eek:

they better not say scubert is totaled. i wont let them take him.

I'm still driving him and took him to 2 shops for estimates.

when i get estimates I'll let you all know what happens.

-John

i am aware of that. i plan on fixing him myself.

i just have to get estimate of repairs so i can get the whatever amount to fix him.

my mothers has been threw this with her 77 chevy nova. she let it go and got $2,700 for it.

They may say its totaled depending how much they say it could cost to repair it, in that case - they would cut you a check for the full Blue Book Value (Lets say $2300) you will get $2300 and you still keep the car, they won't take the car or junk it as its yours. so you could take the money they give and fix the car for cheep on the down low.

Thats what I was gonna do with the Legacy if the guy would have had insurance.

Just got the Estimate. $2,882.75 of repair and Parts Not Available

this is from J & V Visions Collision repair

hate to see what Dynamics Auto Body is gonna be.

Edited by SubaruJawn
UpDate

Well try to get the most out of it, either way your gonna come out ahead (Even if the car wasn't as perfect as before)

i just have to get estimate of repairs so i can get the whatever amount to fix him.

my mothers has been threw this with her 77 chevy nova. she let it go and got $2,700 for it.

Sorry to bust your bubble, but they will total it.

Back about 10 years ago at my dealer there was an XT6 that was backed into by a flat bed, needed a fender, hood, inner apron...estimate was ~$1,800. They totaled it.

So yours being close to $3k, no brainer, totaled.

So if you dont want to lose the car or have the titled branded, you will need to fix it out of pocket.

I've been there and done that.

Not to mention a lot of the body parts for that car is no longer stocked in the USA and there will be a month+ wait to get parts from JAPAN if they are will available there. Not lilkely tho...

got estimate from Dynamics auto body. $3,074.95

i wont let them take my xt6. i do have an option to buy it back if i wanted to.

if they total my xt6 all they will do is crush it. i wont allow it.

from what i understand if i decide to keep the car I'll only get half the repairs or what ever the car is worth.

Still drivable and totally fixable.

In the Estimate:

Scubert's Front is Bent from Impact :cry:

its in the Estimates :|

Edited by SubaruJawn
More Info

Well... That's Great! ... I Believe that You Might Fix it Yourself and Take as much money as you can from Them.

Good Luck!

Kind Regards.

i will fix him and yes i will get them for every penny possible.what ever is left i get to keep and may buy another subaru :)