Ultimate Subaru Message Board

At oil temp light flashing DTC Code of 76

I am getting a at oil temp warning light flashing non-stop. I have checked my ATF fluid and it is good. What would trigger that to be flashing on? Any suggestion?

Only jerks when you gas the car. I noticed it when the street light turns green and you give it some gas you'll feel a sudden jerk. Not on turns.

Edited by 2000impreza

It is flashing at start up and won't go away even if i reset ecm

How are you resetting it. It is not part of the OBDII system.

SO it is flashing 16 times on startup. That is alerting you that there was an electrical malfunction in the tranny on the previous startup.

How many miles are on this car.

How is it driving on tight turns and in general?

Resetting it but unpluging the battery. do i count it when the car is starting up.

it has 169,000 mile in it. I have a 2000 impreza recently did a head gasket job. When motor was put back in all fluid added. I had started it up and notice a at oil temp flashing light. In one of the forum you had stated "torque bind" on turns.

Mines would jerk when you first gas the pedal at 5-10 mph. notice it when the street light turned green.

I can't tell the count's on the flashing AT oil light. Do i count when car is started until when to stop. Mines would keep blink all day no pause.

hrmmm blinking all the time is not good.

Rule of thumb is never ignore a blinking trouble light, that is its way of screaming at you.

Do a search here on 4eat codes and you should find a procedure to pull them. For tranny stuff i usually suggest a dealer beacuse they do NOT want to sell you a tranny. They will just fiz what is wrong with it, as opposed to a regular shop that will just take a look at the mileage and say you need a tranny. Subaru knows these trannies can last the life of the car.

nipper

It could be but i am not about to say yes and have you throwing money at something as expensive as a transmission that has limited abillity to be diagnosed over the net.

Lets see if someone else chimes in, maybe they have seen this themselves.

nipper

nipper,

I did the procedure of ::: and got the light to flash 7 long pulse and 6 short. Correct me if I'm am wrong but this is the ( 2-4 Brake Duty solenoid). Right

1) Warm up the engine

2) Turn the ignition switch OFF

3) Turn the ignition switch ON

4) Start the engine

5) Drive the vehicle at speeds greater than 12 MPH

6) Stop the vehicle

7) Depress the brake pedal and move the gear selector to "1"

8) Turn the ignition switch to OFF

9) Turn the ignition switch to ON

10) Move the gear selector to "2"

11) Move the gear selector to "1"

12) Move the gear selector to "2"