Ultimate Subaru Message Board

If the code you got is P0076 it means- Intake Valve Control Circuit Low (Bank 1). This has nothing to do with the oil light. I assume the code is for the MAF sensor. Check for a bad connection to it.

EDIT:

Sorry, ignore this. I gave a code for the engine, not the transmission which is the trouble.

Edited by Cougar

I have looked that code up from alldata and it stated that it was a 2-4 brake duty solenoid. DTC code of 76

The light never goes off until engine is turn off. I tried resetting by pulling fuse # 14, and 4 did both and nothing happened.

I remeber changing brake pads and rotor and the brake light stayed on until i drove it for 10-15 min and it went away.

I have looked that code up from alldata and it stated that it was a 2-4 brake duty solenoid. DTC code of 76

The light never goes off until engine is turn off. I tried resetting by pulling fuse # 14, and 4 did both and nothing happened.

I remeber changing brake pads and rotor and the brake light stayed on until i drove it for 10-15 min and it went away.

The DTC being referred to concerns an auto trans solenoid circuit fault -- it has nothing to do with the service brakes (the ones that stop the car). In http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=96778 you said that the engine had been pulled. If the trans problem showed up right after the engine work, it's likely that the cause is either a damaged wire or improperly plugged in connector to the trans that happened during the engine repair. In that case, a careful visual inspection will likely be revealing.