Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Vapour lock

Insulate your fuel lines?

Maybe that cheap blue foam pipe insulation could be used? You should have something similar in Australia.

Seems a strange thing to get, given the high pressure put out by the pump. It is an SPFI, right? Are you using gasohol? Try a different fuel source, with no ethanol, if so.

I almost wish I had that problem. It is -10 C here again, or still, I can't remember when it wasn't. And I am heading inland in a few days, where it is still -30. Block heater and battery warmer country.

Rob.

Its carby.

Its only 28degrees c outside. So I would think its a heat generated by the engine not outside conditions effecting the fuel lines?

Its only after the car has gotten warm.

The car only has one thermo fan and no clutch fan and apparently gets warm in traffic but is ok once its moving.

100% petrol, unless stated as E85 then its 15% ethernol. This is actually a mates car and he just bought it. I'm pretty sure all the fuel lines and pump are original setup. We'll have a look at the pump and make sure its not that. The air filter was pretty dirty, I told him to get a new one asap. I'll also tell him to get a new fuel filter, although it doesn't give the symptoms of a bad fuel filter.