Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Ready to replace the plastic leaking seperator plate and there is this part next to crankshaft rear main and it just started to leak oil.

What is this part? And how was it sealed(RTV, O ring or gasket):confused::confused::confused:

Thanks

post-1047-136027631715_thumb.jpg

Edited by pearlm30

yeah i think it the svs hole to pull a piston out without splitting block.

yep yep

It's to pull the pistons TO split the block.

Splitting the block really can't be done without removing the pistons. There is a way to cheat, and split the case, then unbolt the rods from the crank. But it is a PITA, and not how the engine was designed.

• 2 weeks later...

I spend an hour looking for the part number of this O ring @ subaruparts.com but I couldnt find it. Anyone knows the O ring part number?

Thanks

Hm looking at a diagram it looks like a part called 'service hole cover'. The diagram shows an o-ring behind that cover.

I spend an hour looking for the part number of this O ring @ subaruparts.com but I couldnt find it. Anyone knows the O ring part number?

Thanks

used on virtualy every engine subaru has made since 1993, and beyond.

#8 806931020

http://opposedforces.com/parts/legacy/us_b11/type_6/engine/cylinder_block/illustration_1/

great parts look up site, bookmark it.