Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Help Identify these Trans Solenoid PIC

have you double check the trouble code for your trans. i'm not suire 76 is a valid code.

That was easy to find. 76 is the 2-4 brake timing solenoid. It is detecting either an opne or a short circuit.

FOund it resistamce is 10-16 Ohms. Signal from the TCU should be higher then 9 volts. The proper way to test the output requires getting the car up to 40 mph. It seems like something straight forward to check as far as no surprises in the circuit.

nipper

you can send to my email::: beemae@yahoo.com

From the reading do you think that the (Line Pressure, and the 2-4 Brake Duty Solenoid) is broken. So would this be the reason why I am getting the "AT OIL TEMP" light flashing. There was no cut or broken lines to these Solenoid.

I was able to do the resistance measuring:::

1.) Lock Up Duty- 12.5

2.) Line Pressure Duty Solenoid- O.L

3.) Low Clutch Timing- 12.8

4.) Shift Solenoid #2- 12.7

5.) Shift Solenoid #1- 12.7

6.) 2-4 Brake Duty Timing Solenoid- 12.8

7.) 2-4 Brake Duty Solenoid- 3.1

8.) AFT Temp Sensor- 12.6

2.) Line Pressure Duty Solenoid- O.L

Should be about 3 ohms. OL stands for 'OverLoad', and usually indicates an open circuit when the meter is on a resistance range. If that's what your meter reads when the leads aren't connected when measuring ohms, then that solenoid coil is apparently open. However, it would correspond to an AT code of 75, not 76.

7.) 2-4 Brake Duty Solenoid- 3.1

Assuming that's 3.1 ohms, it's a normal reading (has same resistance spec as for the Line Pressure Duty Solenoid).

8.) AFT Temp Sensor- 12.6

Since the ATF Temp Sensor changes resistance with temperature, the reading will naturally depend on temperature. However, 12.6 ohms seems way too low. Perhaps you measured something else, or you didn't include a resistance scale multiplier in what you reported. Can you recheck the temp sensor resistance?

The rest of the readings are within tolerance.

OB99w,

How I did the resistance measurement for the Line Pressure Solenoid. Was I pull the clip off the Line Pressure Solenoid and Positive Terminal on the solenoid, and Grounded it on chasis Ground. Reading was O.L

Did every single one the same way, and got 12.5-12.8, 2-4 Solenoid was 3.1ohms. "Except for the Line Pressure Solenoid".

I think I should still get the same resistance as 2-4 solenoid but got O.L. As you stated it should be the same as 2-4 solenoid.