Ultimate Subaru Message Board

need new (inexpensive) tires 06 Frstr

Need new tires on an 07 Forester. Currently running the stock 205/60/16's. How much of a size window do i have without running into clearence issues etc? Will 225's fit ok? 195? Looking to get a decent tire without losing the house in the process, any suggestions? Thanks, Matt.

are you looking for a set here or recommendations for a place to get them?

not too often you'll see tires for sale here. if you are looking for just tires, post your location or at least the state you're in. if you're looking for cheap shipping 4 tires may rule out possibilities. typically you can tape two tires together and slap a label on them though if you find any, no need to actually "box" them.

tirerack.com is an online vendor as well, i've ordered from them before.

for an 06 forester i wouldn't try and save a buck on tires by getting something cheap or old/warn used tires. particularly if you live in an area that gets any snow. saving a $100 doesn't make sense on a $15,000 vehicle.

been very satisfied with Discount Tire. Maybe they have a store near you. Suggest checking out their website. They always have tires on sale with prices and sizing listed on their website.

I also like their policy, that if you ever have a flat, they will fix it free of cost, even if you didn't buy the tire from them, like say you had a flat on another car that does not have their tires.

Like too, that they do rotations and balances free of cost if you buy tires from them. Sound like I work for them, but I don't. Just a very satisfied customer.