Ultimate Subaru Message Board

finally pics of the xt

so this is my 86 mpfi fwd xt

what do you think for 225 cash and a crappy .22 rifle?

DSC00705.jpg

DSC00703.jpg

DSC00701.jpg

DSC00702.jpg

DSC00704.jpg

the only thing i have done is add the STI and graphic on the back, changed the fluids, and got a a/c fan out of the junk yard to replace the clutch fan (i like the stock look)

also replaced the muffler with a cherrybomb

i have the sound clip for that as well

so whatcha think!?:grin:

yes it is a dl...unfortinatly. but the gas milage is rediculous so the lack of power is tolerated for now. and the clutch fan is stock so i took the a/c fan from a gl-10 so they wouldnt look mismatched, helps with smoother acceleration and gas milage... at least it seems that way to me lol.

thanks for all the comments!:banana:

I thought i heard from gd that the electric fans came with all cars but when you had AC the factory added a clutch fan.

well i know that electric fan only kicks on when the a/c is on so i think it might be vise versa

Does that XT have a turbo? My turbo XT with a 5 speed is getting 26.5 MPG highway. Yours is probably 30+, right?

Very nice color, I think mine was that color originally before painting.

Well for one thing, DL's dont come with a turbo.

I know you have looked in your engine bay, does his look like yours? :-p

With a base model XT, 2wd 5spd, he better get over 30+MPG.

I Forgot to Say that Those Steel Rims with the Center Caps looks identical to my EA82 Wagon`s Original ones.

The Electric fan should come on in two situations: When Temperature Raises above the Half Gauge, or when you Switch "ON" the A/C.

If I own one like that, I`ll keep it Stock but I Suggest to Paint the Bumpers with the Same Body Colour, but that is my Idea, maybe you Like `em Black.

As I Said: I Never saw a DL Level XT Before, your Subie is Special, now is interesting that it Didn`t came with Carburetor... That`s Because the Year Model.

Kind Regards.

I Forgot to Say that Those Steel Rims with the Center Caps looks identical to my EA82 Wagon`s Original ones.

The Electric fan should come on in two situations: When Temperature Raises above the Half Gauge, or when you Switch "ON" the A/C.

If I own one like that, I`ll keep it Stock but I Suggest to Paint the Bumpers with the Same Body Colour, but that is my Idea, maybe you Like `em Black.

As I Said: I Never saw a DL Level XT Before, your Subie is Special, now is interesting that it Didn`t came with Carburetor... That`s Because the Year Model.

Kind Regards.

sometimes i wish it was a carburated, so much easier to work with. as for the bumpers i dont think i could ever get the color to match exactly which would bug the piss out of me. and i'm gunna keep it stock till i find a job then its ej22t time!:banana: i've got big plans for it just not the budget to support it lol(isnt that always the case?)

as for mpg im averaging 35 with a mix of around town and highway driving (my honda didnt get that much!)

btw anyone know where i can find a backseat for this thing?! DL models didnt come with one. or a passenger mirror either appently:-\ or rear disc brakes, woohoo for base model options!:grin: