Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I Have a working Digi dash!!!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: I put a new battery in my coupe and one of the 2 maybe digis that turbone sent me..one was a high mileage one..one was a low..put the high in and I have a working dash!!! ...ok the clock isnt working but the important stuff is. I can swap in anotgher clock ..or I will install the low mileage dash upon final install.

I am soooooooooooooooooo Happy right now!. Just need to figure out this stupid weber so I can start the car without starter fluid.

Putting on the new exhaust I got from edrach this weekend..and doing the rear disk swap..and and and... YAY!! big hurdle solved ( hopefully)

I updated the alt to an XT6 one to help keep the voltage more regular..

hehehehehehehehehehehe my biggest problem and worry was that dash..and for the past 15 minutes we are good..:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: doesnt even begin to cover my excitement

Edited by Bucky92

I am so giggly right now...that dang digi dash nightmare has been the worst part of the car..nice to know whats going on now... things keep going this well...and I might start likeing my coupe again ( secretly I LOVE my coupe)

see.... it works ..sorry crappy camera phone pic

Digi.jpg

Yay for that Paul!! we are planning a weekend of work on the coupe too...yay for paid holidays!! Call you tonight maybe ( if the temp supervisor isnt around)

Edited by Bucky92

I doubt it will be at Carlisle..got ALOT to do yet...plus I need another driver cause I want to bring the Legacy ( for playing at the Pine barrens Sunday) ..but we will see how it goes this weekend after Neo and me do some more work to it. Not to mention getting it legal.

Not to mention getting it legal.

Since WHEN have you ever worried about THAT?! :lol:

Youre telling ME about a lot to do! ....

My brats engine case is laying in half, still at the machine shop with the pistons holding down a stack of receipts.:-\

The heads are still in Colorado, and the Cam is in the mail back from Washington! :eek:

I have to fabricate a full 2" exhaust from cat-back ... and swap out my gas tank.:rolleyes:

After I get all this done next weekend, I can come up and give you a hand.:headbang:

I thought we were coming up there to help you!!

hehehehehe.

There is a chance ..we will see what the finances are between now and then...still need to fix the front end..exhaust.. some rust..axles..clean it up..fix a crack I found in the louvers...do something about that horrid tranny....and and and...need to get the Lego ready too...but at least that IS legal

My brats engine case is laying in half, still at the machine shop with the pistons holding down a stack of receipts.:-\

The heads are still in Colorado, and the Cam is in the mail back from Washington! :eek:

I have to fabricate a full 2" exhaust from cat-back ... and swap out my gas tank.:rolleyes:

After I get all this done next weekend, I can come up and give you a hand.:headbang:

Hey, thats just ONE car.

You shouldnt be complaining :-p

Soooo?

Hey, thats just ONE car.

You shouldnt be complaining :-p

EXACTLY my thoughts there Turbone.

Twitch

Edited by Twitch de la Brat
Bad HTML Code

Knock on wood for you Connie... I'm stoked you found a working one, but I don't hold out much hope for Digi-dashes in the long run. Was this one you were able to repair (I remember you talking about being able to fix them) or was it just luck that it powered on?

I'd like to get my original digi-dash back in, but unless someone can figure it out, I doubt that will ever go back in my car.

I wanted to digi to keep my car as original as possible. Plus I want everything to work without having to add a bunch of extra gauges. ( I want the doors open etc etc to work also). I also mentioned I updated the electrical charging system to keep it steadier and more reliable..thats what causes the digis to blow out the VR.

Also , dont forget ..this car does not get driven ..maybe will be getting 1000 miles a year. Original digi will be cooler for the shows even if it is more boring then the xt digis . The only mods I am doing are just the rear disk swap and the weber...the disk brakes because its so easy and helps a ton..and the weber...well..cause the carter weber was junk but my weber has proved to be worse. I wish I wouldnt have tossed the carter weber and intake:-\ cause right now I cant afford to buy another weber.And the thought of carrying around a bottle of starter fluid and the 10 minute wait even on warm days to go anywhere..just isnt too apealing for me

Jerry..would you just want the carb or the whole intake? ( I am hoping just carb..dont feel like taking the intake off..hehehehe) and can you PM me your address again?? Neo and me will pull the carb this weekend..I need it there to run the car alittle after retorquing the heads and adjusting the valves ( have a little bit of noise on one side).

But I am still happy to have the dash...I have an analog in waiting if needed but for once...something actually went right with the car.