Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Brat Bed Panels

Has anyone done anything cool with the Brat screw-on panels in the bed? I unscrewed one last weekend, and it just led down into the wheelwell. I was thinking about relocating the battery there or something, if I could find one that was small enough.

A friend mentioned I could turn the two small ones on the tailgate into cupholders, so when the tailgate is flipped down, I can put my beer there:)

Any other ideas? Why are they there?

Thanks.

Jacob

good hiding place for spare parts?

like hoses, belts, pumps, air filters in plastic baggies to protect from dirt water, etc.

i remember crossing into Canada as a kid with parents on vacation and at the checkpoint they arrested us for smuggling something in a baggie. -

-

It was my mom's instant ice tea concoction of the powder tea and sugar in the baggies. Well, they let us go after we insisted to have them fill our cooler with water, then we mixed it all in and ALL of us including the border patrol has ice tea.......

Edited by bheinen74

good hiding place for spare parts?

like hoses, belts, pumps, air filters in plastic baggies to protect from dirt water, etc.

i remember crossing into Canada as a kid with parents on vacation and at the checkpoint they arrested us for smuggling something in a baggie. -

-

It was my mom's instant ice tea concoction of the powder tea and sugar in the baggies. Well, they let us go after we insisted to have them fill our cooler with water, then we mixed it all in and ALL of us including the border patrol has ice tea.......

Now THAT is not a bad idea. I have plenty of crap I've been sticking behind the seats. I could just keep a screwdriver in the driver area and keep all that stuff in those panels.

Jacob

Now I have never thought about doing something like that.

I believe the pop panels were for easy access to do maintenance and repairs.

I have used the drivers side panel in the trunk to beat some dents out of my

tailgate. :D

I have pondered putting some powdered sugar in my friend's hatch

though... :-p

I was thinking about some waterproof subs behind where the jumpers

would be.

But more likely the waterproof speakers in the side panels idea.

It would make my tunes sound that much better. :)

I'm gonna keep an eye on this thread, it has a ton of potential. :)

I'll be watching :popcorn:

for easier access remove the taillights

gen1 has full length panels

removed the left one to clean out "bird nest" from around gas pipe and gravel from wheel well

thought about stashing "air conditioning" pimp.gif:grin:

lifted from http://p201.ezboard.com/quotWho-Here-Smokes-the-Green-sTuffquot-part-2/ffoxheadnetworkfrm13.showMessage?topicID=5.topic

good times :D

for easier access remove the taillights

gen1 has full length panels

removed the left one to clean out "bird nest" from around gas pipe and gravel from wheel well

thought about stashing "air conditioning" pimp.gif:grin:

lifted from http://p201.ezboard.com/quotWho-Here-Smokes-the-Green-sTuffquot-part-2/ffoxheadnetworkfrm13.showMessage?topicID=5.topic

good times :D

I thought about that, too. Of course on a Gen 1, you have the removable Subaru symbol on the steering wheel. I added that feature when I added the Grant steering wheel to my Gen 2.

So my running tally is:

1) Cupholders

2) Waterproof speakers

3) Spare parts

4) Put your weed in there:)

Jacob

make sure to tripple bag your weed in the bed panels so cops can't smell it. Same with the space in the Gen 1 steering wheel.

I have a wagon put I will probally be making it into a brat.I need something to cover the holes in the cargo area that are normally covered by plastic paneling....the wheels are turning...even if they are in 1st gear lo range(sammmy low not subaru low...)