Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Check Engine Code 8

I did a few days ago. My understanding is that just gets the historical codes, the car flashes the codes all by itself. So, a few days ago I got 8 and 33 I think (the one about speed sensor). Then I connected both sets for a day to clear all codes. Then yesterday I got a CEL, and a code 8 was flashing (got the code by not connecting anything).

I did a few days ago. My understanding is that just gets the historical codes, the car flashes the codes all by itself. So, a few days ago I got 8 and 33 I think (the one about speed sensor). Then I connected both sets for a day to clear all codes. Then yesterday I got a CEL, and a code 8 was flashing (got the code by not connecting anything).

Black connectors are for Stored codes

Green connectors will put the Car and ECU through a self diagnosis*.

* you must rev the engine over 2000k rpm for 40 secs and drive the vehichle over 1mph for the cycle to complete and the codes to be outputed.

OK thanks. Thought I had that figured out but I was wrong. Your question not stupid, just me.

New codes showed up today. 33, then just now 24.

24 Air Control Valve or Circuit

33 Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS) or Circuit

Whatever those are. Back to the books!