Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What can I do?

A couple of months ago I bought an 84 subaru GL from my friend. He had lost the title, no problem so we went down to the DMV and had a new title sent to his address.Aparently he got the title but was away when it arrived so he ended up loseing that title as well.SUPPOSIDLY he went down to the DMV and had a title forwarded to my address.That was two months ago.I havent seen anything yet. I am wondering what to do?It seems like he might have have skipped town because he slept with another friends girlfriend or something.He doesn't answer when I call him and he doesn't seem to be at his house. I dont really want to start out again with another subaru because Ive already changed the clutch and clutch cable, lifted it and put some lights on the roof.I have plans for bigger tires and a diesel engine swap.I am just wondering what I can do?I would like to track him down and beat him to a pulp for the aggravation he has caused me but that wont solve anything.

File for a lost title.............................or if its in his name just have him go to the DMV with you they can swap it right there!!!

Jeff

I think he skipped TOWN after some "bad blood" involving another friend.

Don't EVER buy a car without a title.

I won't even take a car for free without a title. The Junkyard won't take them for scrap without one. YOu end up having to cut up the whole damn car into pieces and still find the right scrap yard before you can get rid of it.