Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Oops! ... I Did it Again! ;)

(Nothing to do with Britney Spears` Song)

Let me Tell you that I Have Broke that Rear Strut... Again! :eek:

Do you Remember this Thread?:

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73725

This Time I Was Going with my Family and my Subie Fully Loaded, not High Speed but Around 55 MPH ... The Last Storms Damaged some Roads, so the Roads` Authority built a Huge Speed Bump to make the Traffic to Slow Down before reachin` the Damaged Areas... I Never saw it and it hasn`t any Signal nor Paint yet... so you could Imagine the Huge Impact for the Struts...

I Don`t know why the Rear Struts got more Damage than the Front ones on the Same impact...

But everything Else is just Fine.

Kind Regards.

I Don`t know why the Rear Struts got more Damage than the Front ones on the Same impact...

A few thoughts:

The rear suspension is built lighter than the front. Just by looking at the size of springs, diameter of the strut / shock rods. The front has to carry the engine & transmission full time.

Any "normal" load you put in the wagon will mostly be on the rear wheels.

When I can, I place heavy loads in the center of the car, over where the rear seat would be if it wasn't folded down. About 1/2 the load is on the front & half on the rear if the load is centered in the front to back direction.

Yes... You`re Right!

But both my Subies has Upgraded Coil Springs: The Rear ones on my Subies came from an Honda`s Front ones; while the Front ones on my Subies Came from a Ford Tempo`s Front ones. They are Thicker and has More Turns...

I Guess that my Subie`s Cargo area was Heavily Loaded...

Kind Regards.

Yes... You`re Right!

But both my Subies has Upgraded Coil Springs: The Rear ones on my Subies came from an Honda`s Front ones; while the Front ones on my Subies Came from a Ford Tempo`s Front ones. They are Thicker and has More Turns...

I Guess that my Subie`s Cargo area was Heavily Loaded...

Kind Regards.

Cool I didn't know you could use Ford Temp front struts on these things.

You got the Honda rears and it STILL did damage? That must have been quite the bump. Can you get a pic of the road? Or maybe the damage to the struts too?

Cool I didn't know you could use Ford Temp front struts on these things. ...

No, Not the Struts, Just the Coil Springs.

Too Late to Take Pictures of the Strut Damage this Time, but you can Figure out Seeing the Above Posted (Post Nº 1) Link`s Thread, where I Had posted few Pics...

Kind Regards.