Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Guido almost bit the Dust today.

So im cluckin along at 35mph on ashworth buy valley highschool. About 2 car lengths back from the light some (blepty blepty Bleep0 in his altima with bling wheels turns right in front of me. I have never asked my car to do anything quickly because its old and i understand. I slam on the brakes and go into a skid. The frontends alittle loose so the wheels turn left as im still slideing to the right. All i see is white and i brace for impact. I had to miss him buy a hair and end up bumping the sidewalk entrance. I had stopped so violently that the car died on me and everything in the back area was thrown up against the seat. I sat there for 30 seconds just takeing it all in. I skidded so long i thought i wore a flatspot in the front tires. Thank goodness no flatspots or problems from slamin and lockin up the brakes.

2 things are clear.

I really need to get those back brakes taken care of.

I was very very lucky. I kept thinking about how i wouldnt have a car anymore because i would be able to afford a new one. How i might half to miss work or go to the hospital. Im just happy i made it out ok and my car isnt messed up.

happens every day around here, ill give you a tip. dont lock up the brakes if you want to steer, i slam on the brakes all the time but i dont try to lock them up. usually it happens so often (illinois drivers really are horrid) that i often just leave myself a space where i can run off the road instead.