Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Memorial day weekend camp'n and wheel'n

rkjbutter

What: Memorial day weekend camp'n and wheel'n

Where: Shotgun OHV area Oregon

When: Saturday and Sunday

The plan: Leave the Portland area around 12. Get to the Eugene

BLM to get a map. Head to the OHV area to find a spot to setup shop.

Camping at Shotgun: No fees, No toilets, No running water, most likely not girlfriend aprooved.

From the Map:

shotgnmap.gif

To Get There: Shotgun OHV Area

Follow I-5 to the 105 exit and head east into Springfield. Take the 42nd Street exit, head north and follow as it turns into Marcola Road. Follow for 12 miles through the town of Marcola to Shotgun Creek Road, turn west on BLM road 16-1-5 and follow roughly 4 miles to Staging area.

If you interested in meeting up on eather Saturday or Sunday we can set a meet time and location. Most likey the best place to meet is at the trail head/ entrance to the OHV area

Edited by rkjbutter

Didn't take my camera. Will get photos from my buddy hopefuly soon.

This camping trip was a almost complete loss. Shotgun creek is no good. There is only one trail that is open to class 2 atv's. After competing the trail we drove up to the ohv area by hoodoo. Bad choice, still snowed in. With time gettin late and not set up for campin in the snow we headed west to detroit lake to camp for the night. In the morning we drove to browns camp. This was the best idea all weekend. Like always browns camp was great. Got the gl stuck twice, once almost roled over, and high centered the other time. After browns camp and getting home we clocked over 600 miles worth of driving from place to place on counting all the offroading that we did in browns camp.