Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Got the Touring Wagon!!! Pics pg.4

only way to find out is get the car home and get it running normally and see if you have any thing mixing.

its possible to overheat and not warp or blow gaskets....just not as easy to get away with it on these.

if your going to swap then why dont you go EJ?

they do well off road

yummmmm touring wagons.

as for the external leaks... my old Loyale Bucky has had an external head gasket leak for the whole length I owned it and it still has it ...so that is a known 6 years ( who knows how long before). Does it just ooze?? if so I wouldnt worry...just check the coolant level once in awhile.

as for overheating it...you know the normal things to check quick...bubbles in rad etc.

Good Luck! ( I am secretly jealous cause I have wanted a touring wagon for a long time)

Did the thermostat change today help anything?

Don't know yet, haven't even gotten it home. When I get the Impreza coupe out of the yard, I'll bring it home. Giving the coupe to my nephew who's about to go to college in Virginia.

As soon as these headgaskets let go (probably won't be too long from what I've read about EA82 headgaskets) I may swap everything in the sedan (EJ22, rear discs, rear subframe with swaybar) to the wagon. I think I would be a little more motivated to get the EJ22 running if it was in a d/r touring wagon.:rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got pics up. Advance Auto thermostat for now and new radiator. Have a Subaru thermostat on standby. Right now it's my dad's ride to work and back (80 mile round trip). Throwing a code 34 CEL and gets 24mpg. That will be fixed someday... maybe. Or I'll say the hell with it and go EJ22 or EA81.

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q200/SMASHmySOOByDONTya/Subarus/Picture006.jpg

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q200/SMASHmySOOByDONTya/Subarus/Picture004.jpg

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q200/SMASHmySOOByDONTya/Subarus/Picture013.jpg

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q200/SMASHmySOOByDONTya/Subarus/Picture012.jpg

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q200/SMASHmySOOByDONTya/Subarus/Picture009.jpg

Has some surface rust but that's about it. Engine bay is nice and clean but is leaking oil from driver side headgasket. Leaks about a quart every week. Can't wait to ditch the EA82. Runs good, just a trash engine in my opinion.

So far I've:

Replaced passenger side axle, installed CD player, replaced radiator, replaced thermostat, changed oil and coolant.

What it needs:

DIFFERENT engine, shocks, right front ball-joint, a good cleaning.

Edited by Subaru_dude

Nice find! Hope you got it for the price you wanted ;)

The rear end clunk may be the top bushing in the rear differential mount.

Fix that rust on the rear end YESTERDAY. Fer serious. That will be swiss cheese next spring if you don't.

Keep your eyes open for a dead GL10 wagon with spiff interior! Good luck!

...your kidding

thats like what? 6 inches more? if that

More like 3, lol.

Jordan, thank you for sharing the pictures. I wished my BRAT had a paint job like your wagon does. Good to know you are happy with it.

Yes I'm pretty happy with it. So far it's handling being a DD pretty well, but it's only been in commission for a couple of weeks. Hoping the overheat didn't do any real damage, hoping those timing belts hold out too.

yep bump for more head and cargo room.

...your kidding

thats like what? 6 inches more? if that

Lol c'mon even 3" or 6" more (Whoopie) Lol..

If your over 6-1/2 ft, don't buy a soob. (But I don't see alot of basketball players driving Subarus) haha :)

-Tom

Good to finally meet Subaru_dude in person today. Took him for a ride in my RS and gave his 93 Impreza wagon a good look over. Hated to be the bad one to break the bad news to him about the CV boot. Boy you should have heard him cuss. Nice guy.

Good to finally meet Subaru_dude in person today. Took him for a ride in my RS and gave his 93 Impreza wagon a good look over. Hated to be the bad one to break the bad news to him about the CV boot. Boy you should have heard him cuss. Nice guy.

Awww shucks... you're nicer than I am. I think you may have said one cuss word the entire time we talked haha. Man that pisses me off about the CV... the last time I checked the boot looked intact but the metal band seemed loose and I thought it was just seeping out. Explains why the odor of grease got so bad all of a sudden... lol.

"Hey Jordan, are you aware of your CV joint?"

"Yeah it's not the boot it's just the.... #*&%@!:mad:"

More like 3, lol.

Yes I'm pretty happy with it. So far it's handling being a DD pretty well, but it's only been in commission for a couple of weeks. Hoping the overheat didn't do any real damage, hoping those timing belts hold out too.

when your head hits 3 inches is what you need.