Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I was told there would be candy here

"Come to the dark side, we have candy".

I just bought a 93 legacy FWD sedan for $225.Just needs a water pump. While I am in there I may as well put a new timing belt on and check the pulleys and such. I was gonna use it as a donor car for an EJ swap into my offroad beast but a friend convinced me to use it as a daily driver, because my only other vehicle is an 89 Dodge W250 diesel getting 15 mpg. The car is a manual,and that is the ONLY reason why it is a driver rather than a donor. If it was an auto, the motor would probally be out right now.Other than that the car is pretty straight.Only other problem is the car was painted maroon from the factory,and its paint is faded so now its, purple. I feel a can of semi gloss black rustoleum and an air compressor may be in its future.That and maybe a anarchy symbol or a jollyroger painted on the roof.Then rally around in it...

I wonder if my camera has batteries?

Lewistown? Are you from Lewistown PA?...Either way...I think you got a deal...$225 I prob. would have paid that..not that I need another car...Ive got my hands full with 2 Subies already..lol...Anyways...Yeah Man Phase 1 EJ22 w/5spd...good luck with her...

so then yours was more expensive after gas...

It was about the same, really. I was driving to Jerome anyways, and just had to go about 30miles more.

Of course, my alternator died, and I pitched ANOTHER driveshaft out of my truck on the way back, so in the end the retrieval cost more.

I think I overbuilt the new engine in the truck- three driveshafts and two differential yokes in six months. I upgraded this last time around, I'll just have to stop drag racing with a trailer.

"Come to the dark side, we have candy".

I just bought a 93 legacy FWD sedan for $225.Just needs a water pump. While I am in there I may as well put a new timing belt on and check the pulleys and such. I was gonna use it as a donor car for an EJ swap into my offroad beast but a friend convinced me to use it as a daily driver, because my only other vehicle is an 89 Dodge W250 diesel getting 15 mpg. The car is a manual,and that is the ONLY reason why it is a driver rather than a donor. If it was an auto, the motor would probally be out right now.Other than that the car is pretty straight.Only other problem is the car was painted maroon from the factory,and its paint is faded so now its, purple. I feel a can of semi gloss black rustoleum and an air compressor may be in its future.That and maybe a anarchy symbol or a jollyroger painted on the roof.Then rally around in it...

I wonder if my camera has batteries?

Hit that paint with some Turtle Wax Color Back and watch the oxidation disappear. I restored the original paint on a 1964 Rambler Classic with Color Back (the car was originally bought by a great-uncle, never garaged) and it looked like new paint when I was done.