Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Anyone seen a rear hatch not open?

awesome, i'll give that a whirl. i'll at least douse it with PB Blaster first, then get more drastic as needed.

Before you do that, check to see if there are any screws on the outside of the car at the handle. It may be as simple as unscrewing the handle from the car, allowing the linkage to reset, so you can make sure the hatch is secured. Then you repair or replace the handle.

nipper

Before you do that, check to see if there are any screws on the outside of the car at the handle. It may be as simple as unscrewing the handle from the car, allowing the linkage to reset, so you can make sure the hatch is secured. Then you repair or replace the handle.

nipper

Nipper, I just replaced my hatch handle on my Subie last week. The handle is secured by two threaded studs that are part of the handle. The studs are pushed through holes in the hatch, and secured with 10MM nuts on the inside of the hatch. There is nothing to unbolt on the outside of the hatch. The only way to unbolt the handle is by first removing the plastic panel on the inside of the hatch to gain access to the nuts. Rooster2

Nipper, I just replaced my hatch handle on my Subie last week. The handle is secured by two threaded studs that are part of the handle. The studs are pushed through holes in the hatch, and secured with 10MM nuts on the inside of the hatch. There is nothing to unbolt on the outside of the hatch. The only way to unbolt the handle is by first removing the plastic panel on the inside of the hatch to gain access to the nuts. Rooster2

Thanks, its been a few years since i have done this and couldnt remember.

nipper