Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I have some questions regarding my new legacy L I just bought.Its FWD with a manual and has 166K showing on the clock.its a 4 door sedan.

I am planing to use the car as a rally beater.So it will be on gravel and any other fun twisty road. However the car needs a skidplate. Was there a skidplate availible on other subarus that might fit, and withstand the punishment(IE bottoming out on the skidplate)? Or would I better off just making a strong skidplate,possibly with a subframe?

Are there any shocks/struts from another subaru that might help abit when ralling?Maybe even lift it front and rear or something.The suspension on it is way to soft.Looking for junkyard parts here.No $1000 rally coilovers or what not.

How much work would it be to make it lighter and nimbler? Right now it drives like a car much heavier that what it is.Would getting aligned to a "performance" setting help much?IE a little bit of negative camber, zero toe,etc? Would it be worth it to remove the sound deadening,but still have carpet and rear seats?

Also the driver's side motorized seat belt derailed itself.How can I fix it?Can I swap in normal seatbelts from an older legacy or something?

cool, I took the car to les scwab to investigate some knocking noises under the car.Turns out it has 4 blown struts and the front brake pads need to be replaced...Wow, for something with blown struts it doesnt let go of the road,even bombing down 35 MPH mountain roads at 70-80 MPH...

Can I use 4wd struts or do they have to be FWD?Also are the brakes the same between FWD/4wd 90-94 legacies?