Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I have a '96 OBW.

I am unhappy with the seats. That is, my body is unhappy with them. I have a 100 mile daily commute and I'm finding that my left leg (yes it's a 5spd) has been giving me trouble. Or the tendon that runs up the back of it is or something. While I'm not exactly sure of the cause, I know that when I drive my G-pa's truck ('86 scottsdale) I have don't have the pain. Really when I drive anything with a non-bucket seat auto or manual I don't have a problem.

Did any Subaru come with non-bucket type seats?

I'm not afraid of a little modifying if something doesn't quite fit.

Thanks!

Will-

If you have the standard cloth seats, I have to agree with you. They are not very comfortable. You might look to upgrade to leather seats from a "Limited" OBW. Look on line at ebay, or check a wrecking yard for leather seats. The leather seat is so much more comfortable and supportive. It is a simple bolt in.

You might look to upgrade to leather seats from a "Limited" OBW. Look on line at ebay, or check a wrecking yard for leather seats. The leather seat is so much more comfortable and supportive. It is a simple bolt in.
i agree. i have leather in both of my legacy's and i like the ride better also in those, although i haven't driven much in clothed legacy's either.

distance kills it but i have a spare set will, which i need, but you could "test out".

Thanks fellas, leather huh? It will make cleaning the dog hair easier!

Thanks for the offer Gary, I do see them come around from time to time so I'll just keep an eye out. My rear seat is ripped and the driver's seat is loose in several ways so I was leaning towards new (to me) seats anyway.

The body of my outback has been the victim and victor of a couple of rear-enders and is starting to develop some rust bubbles under the paint in the wheel wells and most of the drive line hardware is pretty rusty so I've been pondering looking for a 96-99 with a blown engine and putting my engine and drive train in it so maybe I can find one with leather.

Will-

Edited by lostinthe202
added some details

You may also want to consider an auto upholstery shop that will redo your present seats. I have no idea on cost, but a quick phone call can give you that info. I am sure they could add better padding to make the seats more comfortable.