Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Next summer I'm looking at replacing my EJ22 in my 82 hatch with an EJ25. I was wondering if it was possible to get (at the crank) 200 N/A HP out of an EJ25? If so what would I have to do to get it? I'm not looking for gobs of HP, but around 200 would work great for me. Also I don't want to do a Turbo or NOS, I want this to be all motor.

an extra 40 hp is a big step for NA. seems like a lot of work for little gain. have you looked around NASIOC at all? you'll definitely need some serious intake, head, cam, and probably piston work to make that happen.

folks talk about hybrid motors, combining EJ22 heads on EJ25 blocks or the other way around, not sure the advantage of that, but maybe worth looking into.

i wonder if Deltacams has dyno'ed any of their stuff?

i know you said no turbo, but the EJ22 easily handles boost. requires no swap and it's been done before so the info and parts are out there. just checking to make sure you know there's a really easy, inexpensive, and reliable way to get what you're after.

3.0 or 3.3 motors interest you at all?

Making the heads and intake flow better on the n/a sohc ej25 is a good jump in the right direction. Along with some more agressive cams from our friends in washington "Delta Cam". I just got done porting a set of ej25sohc heads for a local guys rally car. We went with some good torque cams from delta and I very sure we will be sitting close to the 200hp mark.

Let me know if you want a set of ej25 heads ported. They look sweet when they are done.