Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ever heard of a PUG diesel 4x4 wagon or pickup ???

hmm funky, kinda neat but i dont know if i would trust the ingines in them, pugeot is further down on the list than this EA82T.

i am sure every reigon has their own deal though, personally i like the volvos that show up from time to time.

Peugeot diesels are actually very reliable, and those cars are built like tanks! My friend's mom had one, and they got rear-ended by a Caddy going like 45 MPH, and you could barely tell the car had been hit! I used to have an 85 505 STI turbo diesel, but after having to drive to Bellingham to get parts for the stupid thing, I sold it. It ran great, just needed some work, and I had no desire to work on it! (They are a complete pain in the arse to work on!)

The gas engines aren't TOO bad, the turbo ones do tend to puke head gaskets occasionally. The V6 was junk though, it was a PRV (Peugeot-Renault-Volvo) joint project, and they were not that great. Biggest drawback on these was the fact that the oil pump, which used steel gears, had the housing cast into the aluminum block. Score that housing, and you chuck the block. This was the engine used in the DeLorean DMC-12.