Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Got my Weber Back From Jerry!!!!

Put it back on my coupe and after priming the lines...and a small mishap with a battery terminal ( note to self..my battery disconnect sucked...broke in half just by twisting it on the terminal..lucky me had spare terminals laying around)

My coupe fired right up WITHOUT starter fluid!!:banana::banana::banana:

Jerry DeMoss does it again!! Thank you so much for fixing my weber!!!

OK I need to go turn the coupe around ...its purring like a kitten right now too!!:D:D:D:burnout:

Than ks... I wish the car wasnt as torn apart as it is now... I really want to drive it. This is killing me. It was classic cruise day today and everywhere we went ...another classic. I want mine out there too!!..I remember early last year..before discovering the head gasket failure.. taking my coupe out on cruise days...and getting the waves and thumbs up from the other foreign classic owners. I just hope I can come up with the money to get it in the shop this fall/winter. I dont think I can deal with another year without my coupe on the road.

W00t! nothing like a smooth running weber! :burnout:And good friends that make it that way! :banana:

I'm going to get mine dialed in at a local shop (once I can afford it), I got it 99% already, but I want to squeeze that extra 1% to get some more power & mileage. :Flame:I still seem to have a small problem with mini-backfires or something that I can't even detect except that I seem to toast power-valves every-other year. :eek:

Thanks so much Jerry. All I can say is WOW! with the new motor from subaru360 and the weber you worked...my little coupe hauls!! I never thought it would ever run this good. It sounds fantastic too ( new exhaust from Y pipe back) Now if I can get it to look as good as it runs...hehehehehe Hoping to make a few people :slobber::slobber::slobber::slobber: when its done. OK right now I am loving my coupe again :)

Small update...went out this morning and a couple pumps of the gas pedal and vroom vroom!! Yay!! real test will be when its really cold... temp at that time was 71. going to be in the low 50s when I get home from work..will try again then.

Seems my whole problem was just some dirt in the carb. Hard to believe that it made that much of a difference.

It's awesome to hear the coupe's running beautifully! That's such a gorgeous car. You're so lucky to have one in such nice shape. Really excited about seeing it after the restore. Maybe someday I'll be lucky enough to see it in person.:rolleyes:

I saw a coupe at the JY yesterday and that's why I'm so excited about yours running. Never realized how awesome they were until I finally saw one up close and personal.

Nice to Read That About your Coupe! :)

I Really Believe that it is Very Beautyful, it Looks Soo Nice in the Pictures I Saw... Could I Ask you What do you Plan to do with it?

Kind Regards.

Jeszek.. I am doing a full restoration of it. Cause its not as nice in person as it is in pictures. I want the car to be about as perfect as you can get. The rest of its life with me is going to be going to car shows and occasional fun drives. I want it to be an excellent example of them. Plus they are incredibly rare ..especially on the east coast. I want to preserve the car for many many years to come. getting all the hidden places where gunk likes to hide and rust out parts etc. If all goes as planned it will look better once it is finished then it did when new.