Ultimate Subaru Message Board

i dont know if its even possible to replace that bulb...obviously im sure you guys have seen the thread on replacing the 3 other climate control bulbs and that isnt to bad...I have tried to disassemble the heater control head and remove the circuit board but i dont see a way in doing it successfully so that when you put it back together it still works...What I have noticed with these units though is if you get like the smallest amount of contamination behind that button over time the light will not work anymore...Ive like tapped my fingers right about the button and the light comes on..Ive done this with many of them...and surprisingly all the lights have come on when i do this..I assume you could try spraying some compressed air back there or something..maybe it will help clean things out a little....

compressed air? do share, mine has stopped working too. Will caned air work?

the rear defroster bulb is an easy fix, its a rice bulb that can be replaced. Look up HVAC lights for details.

nipper

I used shop air on mine..serious PSI..:lol:...idk my goal was to try and get like around the button so the air could get behind it and blow any foreign matter out....