Ultimate Subaru Message Board

4" Lift With Forester Struts???

JordanR693

Hello everyone, I've recently been wondering if it would be possible to get a 4" or 2" lift kit and install it on my 94 Impreza L along with my forester struts that are already installed. I know it was a tight squeeze getting those struts in there so im guessing its not possible just curious if anyone else has tryed it.

Thanks

Jordan

Edited by JordanR693

You could do a 2 inch kit, and include the crossmember spacers and control arm mounts from teh outback(if you already have those, you can go the 2 inches on top of that)

With a 4 inch kit, you will need to put at least a 3 or 4 inch crossmember spacer, and match that with spacers on the original control arm mounts. ALTERNATELY you could use the Outback brackets with a 1-1/2 in. spacer. The front diff mount should be fine with a 3" lift, but lower it 1 inch if you go to 4"

Remember, the lift is all at the top of the struts. The rest is lowering the subframes and mounts to keep driveline geometry.

I personally would recomend building you're lift to 3". With forrester struts, you can't go bigger than 29" tires anyway, and 3 is enough to clear those.

• Like 1

Hey Gloyale thanks for the input, when you say "You could do a 2 inch kit, and include the crossmember spacers and control arm mounts from teh outback". Are you saying that if i add those parts to my current setup that i will gain an additinal 2" of lift?

Thanks Again

Jordan

Hey Gloyale thanks for the input, when you say "You could do a 2 inch kit, and include the crossmember spacers and control arm mounts from teh outback". Are you saying that if i add those parts to my current setup that i will gain an additinal 2" of lift?

Thanks Again

Jordan

No, I mean you could put 2 inch spacerss on the TOPS of the struts, and if that were done, you could simply used OUtback spacers adn control arm mounts to space down the subframe.

with you're current setup (OB struts on a 1st gen Legacy, correct?) you don't need the outback spacers or brackets. If you added them you would lose clearance.