Ultimate Subaru Message Board

6 lug conversion questions

I'm assuming I need a Cobalt or a Carbide 14mm drill bit to cut 16 holes into 4 different rotors.

Anyone know where I can get one? I've checked everywhere.... even eBay..... can't find anything but just your regular run-of-the-mill drill bits that will likely get chewed up against a rotor.

You aren't actually drilling the rotor, but actually the hub that the rotors are bolted to. They are just a mild cast, not hardened, so with cutting oil you should be fine with 2 bits at the most.

So new question here. These are my wheels I plan on using. (don't worry, i will clean them first)

CIMG6557.JPG

I am wondering if there will be problems with the thickness of the wheels and the size of the hole as seen here...

CIMG6558.JPG

currently I have these lugnuts with the chamfered edges ...

CIMG6560.JPG

and im wondering if i need to try and find toyota style lugnuts that part of them goes inside the wheel before seating like thus...

NEW-CHROME-TOYOTA-LUG-NUTS-FOR-SEQUOIA-TACOMA-T100-RIMS-for-sale_290311366861.jpg

If it so be that I need to use said toyota style lugnuts, Hopefully I can find some that thread onto my existing studs so i don't have to get all new lugs to match thread pitch :(

Edited by gwilson87
added a photo.

I 100% guarantee that older toyota pickup lugs have a wider thread pitch than the subarus. subarus use a 12x1.25, and toyotas IIRC are 12x1.00

but you should be able to find some lug nuts with a "shank" style seat in a 12x1.25 pitch pretty easily.

• 3 weeks later...

I dunno if ninefourteener got it finished, I did find out that the thread pitch for the toyota these wheels cam from is 12x1.5. So I would either have to get all new studs or I found some the seat properly from autozone. Hopefully I can find some money to get new tires since all I have right now is 15" wheels, no rubber.

• 9 months later...