Ultimate Subaru Message Board

weber question

just picked myself up a weber 32/36 dfav from a guy who had it on a VW until he rear-ended someone totaling his bug. It has been converted to electric choke. first I know the throttle plate is on the opposite side compared to a DG weber, but can I still use the same adaptor to bolt it to my ea81 manifold? I dont mind changing the throttle cable position, and running longer fuel lines to it. I just couldnt pass up the killer deal I got. it has been ran less than 2k miles and he showed me the original receipt for it when he bought it in january. and im talkin a killer deal. Ive read that the dg and df are basically the same except for the throttle plate placement. just wanna make sure I can use the dg adaptor instead of having to fab a custom one.

A standard EA81 adapter plate from redline will work fine.

You should definitely open it up and check the jetting,

most likely you'll need to rejet.

I got a BRAND new in box 38/38 for $25.00,

did you get a better deal than that? :brow:;)

I got a BRAND new in box 38/38 for $25.00,

did you get a better deal than that? :brow:;)

you beat me by fifteen bones...good deal... so Ive worked with carbs a ton, but never really re-jetted one. do the jets have their size stamped on them at all, or how do I find out what size jets I have.

one more question, should I just use the ea81 manifold I have or should I swap in an ea82 manifold to bolt the weber to?

Edited by nolicense

Go with the EA82 manifold if you have that option.

Jet size is stamped on each jet.

Check everything, seeing as it was used for a VW application.

Realistically you should only have to worry about

the Main, Air corrector, and idle jets. But ya never know.

The 170 AC should be in the primary, not the secondary - larger AC's lean out the mixture which is not what you want for WOT operation and the secondary is larger - requiring more fuel.

You probably won't have to change the pump jets, but check the emulsion tubes to be sure they are F50's. That's the common one for our application so they are likely to be correct.

GD

I see you're in Everett; that works in your favor. Check out Bow Wow auto parts in Lynnwood. They'll have the adapter plate and throttle linkage you need for the install. I used their parts for the dfav I installed in my son's brat. Ask for Chris, he's Subaru friendly.

edrach - my brother told me bow-wow sold it, so im hittin them up on thursday. do they sell jets for the weber there as well? I want to get this running as soon as I can and dont want to have to order some if I find out I need some
I think they will carry the jet or can get them for you. Otherwise try carbs unlimited in Fife; they have everything for the weber.

www.carbsunlimited.com in Auburn, Fife, and Kent.

Edited by edrach