Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I got a brat!!!

Dude, I have like 6-7" of lift on my wagon and my 31's still rub at full lock backing up, and under any kind of suspension compression. Cutting/beating fenders is NOT and option, its required.

Back on topic, nice Brat, glad it runs, hope all the proper parties are fully reimbursed and satisfied, yada yada... :grin: Proceed

-Bill

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. One Eye's lifts work like amazing. I read all about them in another thread. He can fit the 31s no problem. He knows all about this stuff. I think he put 33s on a newer wagon (like 88-89) with this same lift. Just ask him.

So, anyways Jeff; get back to me soon. I want for you to get started on this like this weekend! Here in a couple months I'll have like $20 for ya, plus materials of course! Just be careful around my paint. It's mint maroon, and they didn't make that many 82.5 GL15 Turbo Sedans.

P.S. Do you need more material for the 2wd Automatic shift linkage, or is that part of this kit?

No. One Eye's lifts work like amazing. I read all about them in another thread. He can fit the 31s no problem. He knows all about this stuff. I think he put 33s on a newer wagon (like 88-89) with this same lift. Just ask him.

Impossable, Theres no way to fit 31s with a 2" lift with no cutting.. btw, all his 2" lift consist of is, 4 or 6 (2 or 3 per strut tower) 2x2 steel tubing cut with the correct angle for good camber. then for the rear its just 4 (2 per rear shock) peices of 1/4" steel bent at a 15 degree angle (IIRC) with 2 holes in it (Per bracket) for the shock mounting bolts.. Not much diffrent then Scotts kits (Except for the two front lift blocks (One solid peice) instead of individual ones)

Jeff, if for some reason I am this wrong then please correct me.. Theres no way this adds up.

-Tom

Edited by TheLoyale

So, anyways Jeff; get back to me soon. I want for you to get started on this like this weekend! Here in a couple months I'll have like $20 for ya, plus materials of course! Just be careful around my paint. It's mint maroon, and they didn't make that many 82.5 GL15 Turbo Sedans.

P.S. Do you need more material for the 2wd Automatic shift linkage, or is that part of this kit?

Will,

31's with a 2" lift................no prob. I've done it 105 times now, and thats sweet you got a 2WD AT XT Turbo GL57 with a power sunroof, and came stock with toyota six lug convertion, with a Wammy bar:lol::lol:.......... thats like tryin to find a dully Brat.........its hard trust me..........:lol:, bring it on over and we'll see what we can do with a lift for it........... just carfull I hear the GL57 turbo sedan XT's are prone to blow HG's:lol::lol::lol: and Maroon, I dont think I've ever seen a Maroon Subaru....

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

On a more Serious note.

Progress of the New Brat....................

IMG_2849.jpg?t=1251864471

IMG_2850.jpg?t=1251864491

You can see there is some big work ahead in some of these pics..........

IMG_2851.jpg?t=1251864509

IMG_2852.jpg?t=1251864552

IMG_2853.jpg?t=1251864568

I'll keep putting up more pics as things go along.................

Jeff

then for the rear its just 4 (2 per rear shock) peices of 1/4" steel bent at a 15 degree angle (IIRC) with 2 holes in it (Per bracket) for the shockmounting bolts..

-Tom

PS: You are going to want to bend the rears at a 45 degree angle. 15 aint enuff. You'll get a hole ****pot of bind out of the struts. No bueno.

:grin:

It's a joke. You see, you can tell because it is all completely ludacris. A GL15 doesn't exist in any year, let alone 82.5. And I threw in some personal situation humor. I can understand if you don't get that because it's kinda between Jeff, and I. I was basically making the comment (to Jeff) that everybody wants something for nothing, and to find the easiest way possible to run way too big of a tire. You just happened to stumble in, and become part of the punch line. :)

But seriously. I'm working on a Gen 1 Brat with 3.75" of lift. I'm hoping to run 37s, if I can find the right backspacing in a 4 x 140 17" rim...... :banana::lol:

It's a joke. You see, you can tell because it is all completely ludacris. A GL15 doesn't exist in any year, let alone 82.5. And I threw in some personal situation humor. I can understand if you don't get that because it's kinda between Jeff, and I. I was basically making the comment (to Jeff) that everybody wants something for nothing, and to find the easiest way possible to run way too big of a tire. You just happened to stumble in, and become part of the punch line. :)

But seriously. I'm working on a Gen 1 Brat with 3.75" of lift. I'm hoping to run 37s, if I can find the right backspacing in a 4 x 140 17" rim...... :banana::lol:

Hahahaaha! Yea Rob (Turbone) just corrected me with a PM. I was like theres no way this can be real Hehe. Something for nothing huh, yea like when you said, you'll give Jeff a $20 for all the work Hehe plus the cost of materials ($20 to put a lift on Haha)

Ooo nice project you hve there btw!

-Tom