Ultimate Subaru Message Board

once again building the car subaru should have made

some may know and probably don't care that i picked up a 93 wagon several months ago with no fricken idea what the hell to do with it.

as i putt around with a 1.8 and no power i kept on thinking to myself, this just isn't right. what a great little car but what a turd to drive.

well a long weekend, a legacy as a donor, and some random part that i had laying around i put together the impreza subaru should have made (they did later).

94 ej22

94 legacy exhaust with fart can :grin:

03 RS 4.11 tranny

RS clutch

04 STI suspension

legacy rear disc brakes

legacy larger bore master cylinder

legacy turbo rear sway bar

GL turbo clutch LSD

it's still not a turbo rocket by any means, but it's a lot funner to drive and really that's all that matters. :)

downsized_0315091616.jpg

Love your thread title! :banana:

Car looks to be in great shape. How about a peek under the hood?

it's all pretty boring under the hood. an ej22 under the ej18 intake. which i'm really not a fan of. the porting from the the ej18 intake is much smaller then the porting on the ej22 heads.

next thing i'm going to do it swap back to the ej22 intake and see if that makes things feel a little better.

doubt it's going to make any large difference but i know it will flow better then it does right now.

Time for some rims I think!

hay now, i took the hub caps off, so it's much hotter now. :rolleyes:

but it's hard to ditch some damn near brand new tires. and the only reason i didn't swap to the larger outback brakes i have just waiting in my garage. i need 15s to clear the outback stuff, and what's on there are 14s.