Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Bragging ahead of time. SOLD FROM UNDER ME.

"95 subaru impreza 2.2l auto. 150,xxx miles. owned since 06 and have driven everyday since. lots of new parts, axels, bearings, radiator, and more. all done by local dealer. has a head gasket leak but still runs and drives. Awd. 2 door. body is rough but very clean interior and 25-30 mpg"

Headgasket on an EJ22? Overheated? He said he took it to the dealer for a check engine light and they told him it was leaking so I don't know. I'll have to have a look. Seems to me it wouldn't need a HG unless it was overheated. But anyway the asking price is....

$475. So even if it needs a headgasket I think it will be mine. :rolleyes:

Edited by Subaru_dude

Even an EJ22 can blow a head gasket, though the EJ25 phase 1 is famous for doing so. I know I had a 91 Leggie with the EJ22 blow a head gasket.

Drive this car around for a while if possible before buying to see if it wants to over heat. Who knows, maybe just needs a good cooling system "burp" if air is trapped in the cooling system when new radiator was installed.

Good luck sounds like a good price!

Jordan, send me some pics of this thing when you get it. Thats a sweet deal, enjoy that automatic.

He said it has some body damage to one of the rear quarters, have no idea how bad it is though. Not looking too forward to the automatic, but 90% of my driving is on the interstate anyway. The AWD will be a very nice upgrade from my fwd Impreza. Maybe this one will have some more balls, it MUST have a little more than my gutless EJ18 wagon.

The other EJ18 coupe I bought from the guy in Cookeville is sitting in the Wal-Mart parking lot with a FS sigh on it. Driving it there, I realized it had quite a bit more pep than my EJ18 Impreza wagon. I may have a clogged cat, it has an exhaust leak just at the mid-pipe to y-pipe connection yet it's still pretty quite. Still gets descent mileage though. At any rate that car is going to my nephew if this coupe is in as good of shape as it sounds.