Ultimate Subaru Message Board

It's LB's Twin

Nice Score!!! I scored LB for $400..so you made out. GL? Bumper is different and you have the honeycomb grill ( which I am adding to LB) Nice. Cant wait to see more pics of that beauty.

But I am toying with the idea of putting LB back together and either driving him as is..or selling him... Tired of being insulted by board members for wanting to dump money into the car to save/ restore it for many years to come. Someday they will be gone ..or close to gone..and a nicely restored one will go for a nice dollar amount.But right now the only thing people see are Brats being worth something.. there were fewer coupes made and they are harder to come by.

Edited by Bucky92

Nice score on the coupe.

Nice Score!!! I scored LB for $400..so you made out. GL? Bumper is different and you have the honeycomb grill ( which I am adding to LB) Nice.

But I am toying with the idea of putting LB back together and either driving him as is..or selling him... Tired of being insulted by board members for wanting to dump money into the car to save/ restore it for many years to come. Someday they will be gone ..or close to gone..and a nicely restored one will go for a nice dollar amount.But right now the only thing people see are Brats being worth something.. there were fewer coupes made and they are harder to come by.

Connie, why do you give a crap about what other board members here think? I dump money into my cars all the friggin time. Why? Because they were or are "my cars". It is my hobby. I enjoy putting time into them. I enjoy taking a lemon and making it into something nice. Right now, I catch crap for putting time into my daily driver which is a common everyday Integra... yeah, flame it up, kids :grin:

Anyway, it is your car, lady. If a full resotoration is your goal, then do it! I think it is a great thing so long as you get to enjoy the experience and the results.

Nice score on the coupe.

Connie, why do you give a crap about what other board members here think? I dump money into my cars all the friggin time. Why? Because they were or are "my cars". It is my hobby. I enjoy putting time into them. I enjoy taking a lemon and making it into something nice. Right now, I catch crap for putting time into my daily driver which is a common everyday Integra... yeah, flame it up, kids :grin:

Anyway, it is your car, lady. If a full resotoration is your goal, then do it! I think it is a great thing so long as you get to enjoy the experience and the results.

So true.

How long and how much $ and time have I put into my RX, to be constantly told to EJ it?

Its your car, your money.

Dont worry about what others think, its the end result that counts.

There was only one persons advise I listened to in my life. That advice is to ignore anyone who starts off by saying, "You know what you should do...." If I listened to others peoples B.S. I'd prolly be dead. "Here you should try this", "No, I'm driving."

I want a coupe so bad!:slobber: You all are lucky. I think they look like the older Mercedes and should be chromed up so. Pimp that ride!

When I'm done with my $400 wagon, I'll have bout 12x that into it b'for paint. Plus the can of "new" car smell.

Edited by Yo'J

Someday they will be gone ..or close to gone..and a nicely restored one will go for a nice dollar amount.But right now the only thing people see are Brats being worth something.. there were fewer coupes made and they are harder to come by.

I totally agree. My carbuerated 4wd Sedan was only made 1 year, 1984, and only available with a 3AT tranny. It is maybe:confused:the most rare regular production model of the EA81 series. It was the ONLY original 4wd EA81 Sedan at WCCS10

That's why I ignore all those who try to tell me I need to lift or EJ swap or Manual swap my 84 GL 4wd Sedan. It is all original(including engine and tranny), no rust, and just minimal little dings and paint fade in the body. It will be restored, to stock.

I have lot's of subies, and all of them are modified.......except the Little Black 4wd Sedan.

Keep him stock if that's what you desire Connie, it's actually the smart thing to do.

Again connie i agree with the consticuants (spelling). LiL blue is a fine rust free vehicle. There are things that i would do different like make it awd with a legacy motor but thats me. You are you and you should do whatever the hell you want to do with your car. The thing i hear lately is that its not worth it. Wont last forever. Thats fine and dandy but ill say when its done not anyone else. Dont give up, your almost there.

it's all in your goal for the vehicle.... the FF-1 restoration in the Historical forumis a good one. hardly any restoration or build is worth it financially, it's all about the process of doing it.

I love my Red Brat now, but finanically it didn'tmake sense for a beat up Brat, but my build, as expensive as it was, still was fairly cheap compared to other 4x4 builds of similar capabilities....

I'm just out stimulating the economy :)

Nice Score!!! I scored LB for $400..so you made out. GL? Bumper is different and you have the honeycomb grill ( which I am adding to LB) Nice. Cant wait to see more pics of that beauty.

Some of the best looking Subarus on this board came to be because the people who owned them put time and money into them. It's not about the money, it's about the release when the job is said and done and you can relish in your efforts. Keep on :Flame:

after i cleaned it all up with some soap and water and vacuumed

popped the trunk it has a new alternator, starter, 1 ton car jack, spare tire and jumper cables back there:banana::banana::banana:

cid_417.jpg

you can see the dent well in the pic above.... then theres just minor dents and dings through out the body but the hood is by far the worst part

cid_776.jpg

cid_582.jpg

cid_194.jpg

cid_500.jpg

as i was taking the pic above i realized the rear seat has a small tear on the top of both the left and right sides and there was a HTKYSA Under the seat another score

cid_99.jpg

cid_821.jpg

Edited by ()__1337_CRAYOLA__()>

Oooo pictures! Well at least if you are gonna sell it to your brother, its still in the family :banana: I wouldn't sell it though (But thats me :lol: )

Connie, like everyone else said. Who cares what others say and think. Whom ever is telling you such is Ignorant in my book. Its a awesome car, restore it and love it after all "Love, its what makes a Subaru, a Subaru" don't sell it cause of what people say...

Anyhoo, again to Crayola: Awesome find and I like that HTKYSA find Lol :lol:

Best'O luck,

-Tom