Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EJ POWER FTMFW !!!!! pics :)

DSCN1722-1.jpg

dave on the left justin (woogy) on right

DSCN1723.jpg

getting ou of auburn

DSCN1725-1.jpg

outside cle elum

Trip was a success was good to get out of town the EJ had plenty of power with the 3.7 turbo Transmission no lo range pulled snoqualmie pass in 3rd gear at 52 MPH was great got a lot of looks an thumbs up from truckers :) EJ swap is by far the best swap i have ever done.

Total trip around 400 miles burned 18 gallons of fuel estemated mileage around 25mpg i think that is pretty good for hauling an empty trailer half the time and a 4x4 station wagon the other half.

Thanks for looking Rob.

Edited by subaruguru

:banana:Thanks for bringin the wagon over man, I think it will end up either being a wheeler or a parts car, has a little frame rot....

When I finish the bodywork on the EA82 Brat it will look like the Brat Subaru should have made on that platform, and yes, the coupe was the perfect starting point for it, what with the longer doors and more ridgid body structure. Ive been slowly doing work on it here and there, mainly because Robbie isnt always within quick driving distance and because Ive been busy trying to get my own rig back on the scene :grin:

-Bill

Rob, Awesome!! Looks great pulling the wagon, "Thumbs up" is always sweet, makes ya feel good! after reading those specs you put up, I want an EJ now :-p

So what left do you have to do on the sheet metel? Just paint? I would totaly do the Targa strip awell, Mick makes those Brat decals.

Anyhoo awesome job, I've been wondering whats up with it since I havn't seen any thing new about it.

-Tom :)

Rob, Awesome!! Looks great pulling the wagon, "Thumbs up" is always sweet, makes ya feel good! after reading those specs you put up, I want an EJ now :-p

So what left do you have to do on the sheet metel? Just paint? I would totaly do the Targa strip awell, Mick makes those Brat decals.

Anyhoo awesome job, I've been wondering whats up with it since I havn't seen any thing new about it.

-Tom :)

The sheetmetal is LONG way from done, I still need to finish the back wall, build up the bed rails, and finish up the in-bed stuff, then modify the Gen 2 Brat bedtrim I have to fit it, and a few other things as well... The stripes will have to be custom, but shouldnt be much different than EA81 Brat stripes, although I might see if the font can be tweeked to be more like the 4wd emblem on the back of the EA82 wagons, just to be period correct ;)

-Bill