Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Different Door Panels

they should be the same, ea82... got a pic of 'doesn't fit'? run them down the door handle with the lock in the open position till it stops, then close the lock and slide the cup in place while it's closing - hard to slide them underneath

brb, I'll go pull one of mine and make some crappy cell pics to show the install... it just has a little trick to pop them in, think you're okay, just getting caught under the lock lever... sit tight

**** ok, every once in a while my phone software decides to not communicate with the phone - this is one of those times

it has to seat on the handle pin before it seats on the front edge

slide it around the handle down to the closed (locked) lock lever, push gently in with your thumb to get the cup under the lock lever, open the door handle and get the two split clasps on the trim cup to seat on the door handle pin, top and bottom, push on the forward edge of the cup and it should snap in place up front

mine have made the trip too many times, I have added some short screws to hold it from popping loose up front

I'll post some pics when my effing software can connect to the phone

Edited by Txakura
phone

I also wonder if the front and back door ones are diffrent. Maybe i have them backwards. The problem im also seeing is the pad is much thicker then my DL door pad used to be.

pad?

hmm, pretty sure the front and rear are the same, cheaper to make 1 part than 2

do you mean that when everything is seated in place it sits up too high all the way around? I had thought you were not getting the clasps to slip over the door handle pin and it was holding it too high above the door panel

maybe you better get a pic or two