Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Reiter Pit run????

one eye

theres only a few choice trails the require lsd or welded diff.. but 80% or so you can do with an open diff.. i used to live a few miles from there and have been all around when i still had stock tires/open diff..

but that was a couple years ago.. so it may have changed since then :banana:

theres only a few choice trails the require lsd or welded diff.. but 80% or so you can do with an open diff.. i used to live a few miles from there and have been all around when i still had stock tires/open diff..

After your outing with us at Evans Creek ORV, I wouldnt be giving advise about offroading :-\

Besides, alot can change in a couple of years.

Ouch!...but in his defense, the time frame was mentioned. Anyone been through there since the closures? Looks like we'll be making this our first stop, and camping there or nearby if there is none. :headbang:

~Eric

After your outing with us at Evans Creek ORV, I wouldnt be giving advise about offroading :-\

Now that is just not very nice at all.

:popcorn:

Last time I was there a open diff ea82 Auto wagon did pretty decent, in the snow, while a lifted wagon with custom bumpers had a hell of a time, due to axle problems. You just gotta be snappy, cuz people whine if you go too slow. Oh, and there is a really nice couple of older masculine ladies with two amazingly well outfitted Rubicons that will snatch block you out of whatever predicament you may find yourself in. That was a couple of years ago though. :)

Oh, and there is a really nice couple of older masculine ladies with two amazingly well outfitted Rubicons that will snatch block you out of whatever predicament you may find yourself in. That was a couple of years ago though. :)

Those lady/guys had like 70,000 bucks into their rides. Chris had 205/60/15's on his rig and it went well other than this little spot

l_4554df3ff49a023687a85d5c3e0af83c.jpg

Oh and it was an AT so things can still be gone through, BTW Chris I'm not bad mouthing your car..........:) I want to hit some real trails up there

Like this

RP_56.jpg attachment.php%3Fattachmentid%3D1650%26stc%3D1%26d%3D1060645178 hqdefault.jpg

reiter_02092008.jpg default.jpg reiter029.jpg

I dont want to break things like on the first pic there..........:rolleyes:

Jeff

no offence, but i completely agree. to much talk without enough knowlegde.

the off-road trip we did at evan's 2 weeks ago was my first time out, and i shur as shnt didn't talk back to people when they told me a good line. some just need to grow up and swollow their ego.

no offence, but i completely agree. to much talk without enough knowlegde.

the off-road trip we did at evan's 2 weeks ago was my first time out, and i shur as shnt didn't talk back to people when they told me a good line. some just need to grow up and swollow their ego.

If I gave the impression that I was a know it all at evans creek, I'm sorry.

And who did I talk back too?

Even so.. I'm sorry for whatever bad impressions you got off me.. Or anyone has of me.

Anyway.. I might show up seeing how its right next to my old roommates house and hes usually always up to go wheeling in his centurion.

It would be cool if someone that's been here recently would chime in, but in comparing Jeff's map to the dnr one, I think these are closed:

Lake Isabel trail, 4W110

4.0 miles, most difficult.

That bites, being the longest trail and the only drive near to the lake.

Sac Up, 4W130

0.8 mi, more diff.

Oh well.

Index Wall trail, 4W120

1.0 mi, more diff.

Looks like the best mud puddles.

That's 5.8 miles closed and 11 open, not including the gravel roads. Still plenty of most, more, and easy trails. There are some differences between the maps, but some of those on the dnr map are prob just hiking trails. I'll be camping there sat night, if anyone else wants to come early. :banana:

It would be cool if someone that's been here recently would chime in, but in comparing Jeff's map to the dnr one, I think these are closed:

Lake Isabel trail, 4W110

4.0 miles, most difficult.

That bites, being the longest trail and the only drive near to the lake.

Sac Up, 4W130

0.8 mi, more diff.

Oh well.

Index Wall trail, 4W120

1.0 mi, more diff.

Looks like the best mud puddles.

That's 5.8 miles closed and 11 open, not including the gravel roads. Still plenty of most, more, and easy trails. There are some differences between the maps, but some of those on the dnr map are prob just hiking trails. I'll be camping there sat night, if anyone else wants to come early. :banana:

Trust me. With the possible exception of the Wall trail, you ain't taking a Subaru up those other trails. Don't sweat it. 35s and lockers and lot's of body damage is what's required. Or at least a baddass winch. These are much harder trails than anything you guys tried at Evans Creek.