Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

I tried to start the BRAT but forgot I drained the battery (Left the key in the acc position, not off :banghead: ) so its been sitting there waiting for new front rotors and pads :-\

I moved Xandra about 50 feet, so she no longer in Dad's way.

And I've been working on Zeh Nite Vagon, fixing those *&%*&^$ exhaust studs.

Twitch

it is a chinese one I got from work. its a 2000lb dead 4000lb rolling rated winch. I tested it by pullin my car through the bar ditch in neutral.it didn't complain, neither did I for the $30 price tag. too bad there isn't any more...

now, what i REALLY want is some junk plate steel to build myself a low profile one piece push bar bumper with integraded winch mount. the plate the wench is on now, is bolted through the bumper support, but i still dont like it that much

Edited by Ricearu

Does anyone want to get in on the SJR group buy? We're doing several kinds of lift kits as described in the thread in the classifieds section. Go there to voice your interest.

Today I picked up a battery tray and hold down kit. The old one was hanging on by a rusty thread and an old solid core wire.

Mostly shook a wrench at the ol girl today.. Tried adjusting the idle but couldnt get it to the 800rpm, wanted to stay around 1000-1100. Car gets shaking rather nice with max a/c on, gives a feeling of wanting to die. New spark plugs but she is burning pretty rich, blackened them within a week. 140 miles out of a tank since I got her, looking into how to mess with the fuel/air mix if I can do it on my own.

Contemplating putting in power steering, cruise, and/or a weber carb when I get around to it.

100_1701.jpg

100_1698.jpg

Today I drew up designs for my own PCV oil catch can using a quart canning jar and a little sheet metal + beer can. I'll post up as the prototype it is built.

The inspiration is CMILLER's Perrin can.

Also, we need one more person for the SJR lift kit group buy! If you were planning on lifting your rig, hit up the classified section. With 1 more the discount will be %25 off.

2 BFH's, a punch, a chisel, a 12" bar to hammer the lower control arm down, removed sway bar bolt, ball joint pinch bolt, castle nut, and beat the piss out if it. took a while. man am i happy. that ball joint had 1/4" of play and was barely even together. the ball almost was able to come out of the cup...

i mounted General Grabber AT2's on my pugs. Hopefully today I will be able to mount them on the car and chop off the fenders for clearance. (has 2" lift)

teaser:

IMG00764.jpg

i REALLY need to stop taking pics with my blackberry in poor light.

Edited by xbeerd

Shop just told me the air fuel mix didnt help, carb is still making it run rich and isnt adjusting right. $50 down the drain and $100-150 more to tinker with it, so I was told. New Weber is en route... didnt like those vac hoses anyways but its a shame I couldnt keep that air filter box, gave me warm fuzzies to open the hood and see SUBARU.