Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

Today, installed on a 1988 4wd coupe......

Rear GL10 control arms

Rear wagon swaybar

Rear discs

Rear wagon struts/springs (lifted the back about an inch and stiffened things up some)

2.5"x18" glasspack

Les Schwab 13" wheels painted black with nice toyo's

The car sounds, looks, and handles like a whole new car! I've owned this car twice now and after doing this stuff for a close friend of mine I want it back again! :rolleyes:

Might just have to join the masses and do a rear disc conversion on mine sometime soon.

TOTALLY worth it if you can find them! I don't think they're much of an issue in the US in terms of availability compared to over here... If you've gone the EJ22 route they're a must in the braking department at the very least. Best brake upgrade is the crossbred kit produced by a local fella over here.

Yesterday I did the honda front spring conversion on my L's rear end. Here's the before and after:

p3020238rs.jpg

p3020239rs.jpg

^ currently got her "small boots" on for around town trips. Those springs pick the rear up quite a bit and I'm thinking of cutting a loop out to maybe drop it down a little bit. Either way the drive is much better and the rear end handles itself very well over speed bumps.

The aim of this conversion was to keep the rear up and handling loads better than with the standard springs - particularly when offroad and the only way up a dune or something of the like is flat footed... Things are looking good so far, just have to get used to the new look and feel while driving.

Cheers

Bennie

Drove mine through some deep water (lapping at the end of the hood, headlights submerged) and had to drain the rear diff AND transmission grease. $80 of fluids later she's good to go. I'll post pics when I get the front and rear vents done and the snorkel.

Drove mine through some deep water (lapping at the end of the hood, headlights submerged) and had to drain the rear diff AND transmission grease. $80 of fluids later she's good to go. I'll post pics when I get the front and rear vents done and the snorkel.

That's some expensive gear oil! It shouldn't cost that much...

Alignment on the PandaWagon - no more squirrly feeling at highway speeds.:banana:

Now, onto finishing the guage installs, more cleaning, stereo, plug holes, plug coolant leaks, and fix the "I don't wanna go slow, GO FASTER!" attitude this thing has.

94 Loyale (green) - HG's, reseal oil pump, pan and cams, timing belts, rear wiper motor, door panels, crank case flush, exhaust and intake manifold gaskets, water pump seal and o-ring

93 Loyale #1 (brown)- HG's, reseal oil pump, pan and cams, timing belts, exhaust and intake manifold gaskets, sealed exhaust hole

93 Loyale #2 (brown - yes two browns)- HG's, battery cables, battery, fusible links, reseal oil pump, oil pan, and cams, timing belts, rad hoses

91 Loyale - timing belts, plugs

88 GL - Timing belts, purge sensor trick, egr sensor trick, radiator, alt, battery, plug wires, cap, rotor, tires (good year nordics), heater core flush

94 Loyale (green) - HG's, reseal oil pump, pan and cams, timing belts, rear wiper motor, door panels, crank case flush, exhaust and intake manifold gaskets, water pump seal and o-ring

93 Loyale #1 (brown)- HG's, reseal oil pump, pan and cams, timing belts, exhaust and intake manifold gaskets, sealed exhaust hole

93 Loyale #2 (brown - yes two browns)- HG's, battery cables, battery, fusible links, reseal oil pump, oil pan, and cams, timing belts, rad hoses

91 Loyale - timing belts, plugs

88 GL - Timing belts, purge sensor trick, egr sensor trick, radiator, alt, battery, plug wires, cap, rotor, tires (good year nordics), heater core flush

that's alot of timing belts. Did the stock level of them get depleted?